PDA

View Full Version : This site dieing?

MuddyPaws
March 23rd, 2005, 12:22 PM
Just wondering...seems like it should be much more active than it is. MJ is far more active. I can't even get a response to a web site question here in less than a month it seems. I asked about pics in the store a long time ago, and there is no response. Asked for a DOA flyer and nothing. Seems no one ever looks at the posts. There isn't much activity in forums...there are 6 posts in shop talk for the WHOLE YEAR so far. I just don't see much going on.

Any thoughts?

Roadhouse
March 23rd, 2005, 01:24 PM
Its always been that way....and comparing this forum to MJ is like comparing MJ to JU. 150 members here, 5000 on MJ. 5000 on MJ 30,000 on JU.

And you think this sit is slow go to MichiganOnlineOffroaders.com...........time stands still over there.

WhiteRhino
March 23rd, 2005, 01:57 PM
The format of GL versus MJ is significantly different.

In simple terms, GL is a non profit corporation that is intended to represent all of the clubs and full size users in a common goal. Both for internal communications and to the Michigan government.

MJ is purely a social group. Period. It is the place where people go on line to BS and talk shop. It does not have any formal rules and is not bound by the legalities of maintaining a state regulated status of "non profit". MJ does not work with the government, attend the ORV meetings or do DNR trail maintenance.

My take on this is:
If you want to continue to "hope" that we can make a difference, stay with GL for that reason alone if for nothing else.
If you are more interested in the social side of wheeling and not all that concerned about land closures and laws, enjoy MJ.

Jim

DoubleJ
March 23rd, 2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by MuddyPaws@Mar 23 2005, 01:22 PM
Just wondering...seems like it should be much more active than it is.? MJ is far more active.? I can't even get a response to a web site question here in less than a month it seems.? I asked about pics in the store a long time ago, and there is no response.? Asked for a DOA flyer and nothing.? Seems no one ever looks at the posts.? There isn't much activity in forums...there are 6 posts in shop talk for the WHOLE YEAR so far.? I just don't see much going on.?

Any thoughts?
<div align="right">4613
[/quote]

I have sent you out a DOA flyer twice. Let me know if you still have not received it. I sent it to the address on the other post...

I will have to find out how to post it on the site.......

lgottler
March 23rd, 2005, 06:14 PM
Just replying to say I did read your post&#33;&#33;

Its just a matter of numbers. All the people I wheel with use different forums, so I chit chat there and come here for the more "serious" stuff..

And as you can see, I&#39;m not that "serious"&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hang in there&#33;

lucas

Brian
March 23rd, 2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by DoubleJ+Mar 23 2005, 05:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleJ &#064; Mar 23 2005, 05:58 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-MuddyPaws@Mar 23 2005, 01:22 PM
Just wondering...seems like it should be much more active than it is. MJ is far more active. I can&#39;t even get a response to a web site question here in less than a month it seems. I asked about pics in the store a long time ago, and there is no response. Asked for a DOA flyer and nothing. Seems no one ever looks at the posts. There isn&#39;t much activity in forums...there are 6 posts in shop talk for the WHOLE YEAR so far. I just don&#39;t see much going on.

Any thoughts?
<div align="right">4613

I have sent you out a DOA flyer twice. Let me know if you still have not received it. I sent it to the address on the other post...

I will have to find out how to post it on the site.......
<div align="right">4621</div>
[/b][/quote]

Howdy&#33; If you will email me a copy to bjeeper@gmail.com or snail mail it to

Brian Bialik
3333 Hazelton
Rochester Hills Mi, 48307

I will post it here for you. I would like I copy myself :)

Thanks,
Brian

Buster
March 25th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by WhiteRhino@Mar 23 2005, 02:57 PM
If you are more interested in the social side of wheeling and not all that concerned about land closures and laws, enjoy MJ.

I know you mean well.. but this kind of statement is what keeps a lot of MJ types away from GL. I&#39;ve heard offhand comments that GL thinks highly of themselves and everyone else is a second class wheeler that just doesn&#39;t care. Wheelers should unite, not divide.

WhiteRhino
March 28th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Buster,
Your point is well taken. I meant no slam to MJ. None at all&#33;
I do not feel that non GL members are second class.
I think you understood my intent. GL is still trying to work hard on the land use issues. But, we have to admit that part of the reason that the GL site has less activity is that it focuses on a more serious side.

Sorry for any misintrepretations.

Originally posted by Buster+Mar 25 2005, 05:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Buster &#064; Mar 25 2005, 05:42 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-WhiteRhino@Mar 23 2005, 02:57 PM

I know you mean well.. but this kind of statement is what keeps a lot of MJ types away from GL. I&#39;ve heard offhand comments that GL thinks highly of themselves and everyone else is a second class wheeler that just doesn&#39;t care. Wheelers should unite, not divide.
<div align="right">4633</div>
[/b]