PDA

View Full Version : Ogemaw Sport And Trail Center - May 31st and June 1st

cc
January 30th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Date: May 31, 2008.
Time: 11:00AM
Where? 2374 Lentz Rd. Rose City, MI 48654
A collective effort on the part of GL4x4 and GLFWDA is promoting PHASE II of a great opportunity for the Lower Michigan 4x4 enthusiasts.
As a follow up to our successful introduction back on December 1, 2007, Myself, Whiterhino, kb8ymf, Ironman, 95geo, and Stan have continued to work with Deano and Laura for the development of OSTC (Ogemaw Sport And Trail Center) to become a premier OHV destination for full size 4WD enthusiasts.
With our input and help, Deano has committed to building new rock and log courses this spring as soon as the weather breaks. He has already started to move some rocks around. Our combined goals are to develop MULTIPLE CHALLENGE LEVELS offering challenges to all vehicles from stock to purpose built. Where else in Michigan can you do a nasty hill climb, drive over rocks, blaze your own trails, etc? Keep in mind, THIS IS LOCATED WITHIN 2 Ĺ HOURS OF METRO DETROIT.
Due to his current motorcycle schedule, he will not be able to open the park for us prior to Memorial Day weekend. He has asked us to invite everyone the following weekend after Memorial Day to come and check out the new obstacles.
For those that do not remember, OSTC consists of over 125 acres of rock hills, sand hills, winding trails, tight and twisty trails, as well as some very tough hill climbs consisting of mud/sand/rock. Now, add to that a rock garden, rock climb and log jam.
Here is our goal: We want to show up in force again on May 31st, to show the owner that there IS a need for a 4x4 facility in Michigan, and that we appreciate him building these courses. He was already impressed with the professionalism, organization and politeness of all those who attended in December. Now letís show him that December was not a 1-time turnout.
Remember: SUPPORT THE SPORT!
OSTC's website can be found here:
http://www.ogemawtrails.com/

Pricing and photos of new courses to come soon.

This will be a camping friendly, and wheeling friendly weekend :thumb:

srlbotanical
January 30th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Will this be a family friendly event? I'd like to camp with my kids...

Steve

Creative Fab
January 30th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Will this be a family friendly event? I'd like to camp with my kids...

Steve

All GLFWDA events are family friendly:thumb:

timbercruiser
January 31st, 2008, 11:33 AM
Sounds cool!

Rblack06
January 31st, 2008, 06:44 PM
Sorry I will not be able to attend. The DMJC has an Obligation with Genesee parks and Rec that weekend.:wah:
I know that I would love to be there along with some clubmates but we Have our Big Yearly Event that weekend.
I want to support OSTC and show Deano that we really need the park but sadly the mounds will have to come first.

RockyTop
January 31st, 2008, 07:39 PM
Well, whatever the Saturday and Sunday are after Memorial Day.:ahhh:

Absolutely.:thumb: Wives, kids, girlfriends and dogs all welcome. I'll leave it up to you to determine which ones should be on a leash.:lmao:

Seriously, we are a family group. Sure, many will enjoy a beer around the campfire but no one wants their family offended.Jim, you think they'll have a badminton net? :wah:

phittie1100
February 2nd, 2008, 09:01 AM
Sorry I will not be able to attend. The DMJC has an Obligation with Genesee parks and Rec that weekend.:wah:
I know that I would love to be there along with some clubmates but we Have our Big Yearly Event that weekend.
I want to support OSTC and show Deano that we really need the park but sadly the mounds will have to come first.

Is that the weekend for Mud Mania too, or are you guys working on a project at the Mounds?

lgottler
February 7th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I'm going to see if Keith wants to abuse his sami in the name of fun....

Lucas

timbercruiser
February 7th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I'm going to see if Keith wants to abuse his sami in the name of fun....

Lucas

That'll NEVER happen:poke:

cc
February 7th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Thanks Kevin :thumb:

And there is a discussion forum on this event located here:

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131

pookie
February 10th, 2008, 03:26 PM
sounds like a fun weekend. and i can't wait for warm weather

Rblack06
February 20th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Is that the weekend for Mud Mania too, or are you guys working on a project at the Mounds?
it is Mud mania We just renamed it

wskybnt
March 16th, 2008, 01:50 AM
:wave:hey how is everyone doing. just wanted to say hello to all!!!!
I've read a lot about all the fun at OSTC. My folks live right outside the place. Been going there since I was a kid. Even as I write this trying to get rid of 4x2 and get a 4x4.

NightKrawler
March 27th, 2008, 08:50 PM
it is Mud mania We just renamed it

Why is it that there's not a single event for months (from Snofari and Snoblind in February) then all of a sudden there are like four on the same weekend (OSTC, Spring Fling, Mud Mania (or whatever its called now) and the event at Drummond).

At least you can do the Spring Fling and OSTC together, since they are so close...oh well....too many choices are better than no choices.

I would like to encourage anyone and everyone that is planning on going to Miffy's Spring Fling to stop by OSTC for at least a couple of hours just to show support so we can keep this project moving forward by letting the owners know that we (all wheelers) are looking for more places to wheel all the time. And this is a great property to wheel on...especially if some more obstacles are built.

I plan on doing the OSTC event and possibly stopping by the Spring Fling as well

Anyway...that's my 2 cents!!

Paul

WhiteRhino
March 27th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Why is it that there's not a single event for months (from Snofari and Snoblind in February) then all of a sudden there are like four on the same weekend (OSTC, Spring Fling, Mud Mania (or whatever its called now) and the event at Drummond).

At least you can do the Spring Fling and OSTC together, since they are so close...oh well....too many choices are better than no choices.

I would like to encourage anyone and everyone that is planning on going to Miffy's Spring Fling to stop by OSTC for at least a couple of hours just to show support so we can keep this project moving forward by letting the owners know that we (all wheelers) are looking for more places to wheel all the time. And this is a great property to wheel on...especially if some more obstacles are built.

I plan on doing the OSTC event and possibly stopping by the Spring Fling as well

Anyway...that's my 2 cents!!

Paul

Paul,
I can answer some of this. The date for OSTC is a direct request from the owner. He is creating new challenge courses for us this spring but his motorcycle schedule prohibits him from having us there until after Memorial day. In his words, the following weekend is one of his slowest summer weekends for motorcycles, as is the month of June due to open houses and weddings. Miffy's spring fling was promoted on another web site as a "small social event" and was not deemed as conflictive.

Regarding Mud Mania, we did not know the date of that either at the time of scheduling.

Let me go a step further. One of the purposes of GLFWDA when it was founded was to help coordinate different events and schedules around the state. It was kind of a "central calendar" if you will. Now with some of these groups not being a part of the association, it makes it hard to be aware of all of the conflicting schedules. Another example is that GLFWDA has "for years" done it's DNR trail maintenance on specific spring weekends. Then the Cadillac Jeepers go and schedule their jeep blessing without knowing or caring about the conflict that it creates.

As trail ride committee chairman, I have not been contacted by any of these groups attempting to work with us on dates till after the fact. Edit; I have been talking with the Swamp Stompers about the pig gig.

It just seems to be the way it is..........

Jim

XxfirmanxX
April 8th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Had a great time last Dec with the XJ time to bring out the CJ and Brake something :muttley: See you all there.

NightKrawler
April 21st, 2008, 03:56 AM
Thanks Jim...I know its hard to get everybody on the same page...I am not complaining, I just love to get out and wheel and I am very glad to have so many choices...it's just a bummer when they fall on the same weekend!

Bones
May 1st, 2008, 10:48 AM
I will be "trailer camping" Fri night, driving home Sat evening

I tried to leave my RSVP, but got this error???

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

T-way
May 1st, 2008, 10:12 PM
Hmmmm........I might actually have to try and make this one! Will have to check and see what is going on that weekend!

shaker
May 13th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Is there a price set yet?

XxfirmanxX
May 14th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Price for camping is $20 a night the best thing to do is call Deano or Laura For Reservations Not sure how many left. After memoral weekend alot of people have seasonal sights for there trailers.

Heres the # 989.685.2999

phazer42
May 19th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I believe Dennis will be going with his H3 and his dad in his Jeep....

cc
May 20th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Sorry its taken so long, but we wanted the best possible price for everybody to enjoy the new rock courses, and hill climbs.

The pricing will be:

Admission for riding:
$20.00 Daily Pass
$30.00 Two Day Pass
$40.00 Three day Pass
$5.00 Passenger Per Day

Camping:
$20.00 per night for up to Two adults and Three children under 16 years of age
each additional adult per site is $10.00 per night - maximum 6 people per site.

Neither Myself, or anybody else from GL4x4 or GLFWDA is profiting off this at all. This is the final pricing from OSTC.

04 EDGE
May 20th, 2008, 09:31 PM
getting excited!

just finished up my home brew rear disk brake conversion.

i'll be heading to atlanta friday night, gonna take my topper off saturday morning and head down to rose city.