PDA

View Full Version : goofy reply

WhiteRhino
January 15th, 2008, 10:16 AM
I decided to do some searching to help out Lucas's recent post.

I used the word "do" in my search and this was the reply.

The search term you specified (do) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer. If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

What kind of crap is that? I am looking for some specific text and it won't search for it?

lgottler
January 15th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Happens to me all the time.... like part #'s etc....

Jeeperz-Creeperz
January 15th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I decided to do some searching to help out Lucas's recent post.

I used the word "do" in my search and this was the reply.

The search term you specified (do) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer. If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

What kind of crap is that? I am looking for some specific text and it won't search for it?

Try it again. It was limited to three letters so that when you did a search it would not bring up every post with "at", "an", "to", "he", "do", etc. "do" is not really search specific.

95geo
January 15th, 2008, 07:51 PM
key words there mr. whiterhino..... do you want everything to come back in the search?

using the username function helps a lot too :poke:

Jeeperz-Creeperz
January 16th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Try it again. It was limited to three letters so that when you did a search it would not bring up every post with "at", "an", "to", "he", "do", etc. "do" is not really search specific.

Oh, I meant "try it again" as in I changed it to allow 2-letter words.

WhiteRhino
January 16th, 2008, 10:33 AM
key words there mr. whiterhino..... do you want everything to come back in the search?

using the username function helps a lot too :poke:

Yeah, it can add alot of stuff but if you are looking for a specific phrase..........:ironman: