PDA

View Full Version : Mt. St. Helens?

ddstrunt
February 1st, 2005, 09:03 AM
A couple of us from the west side are planning another club getaway the end of Feb. and were looking at the possibility of heading to Mt. St. Helens. Couple questions...
Does the vehicle need plates or just an ORV? Need Flags? cost per day?

Is there enough trails to do for a whole day or just a few hours?

Thanks!

Jonathan Blystra
Weekend Wheelers
Holland, MI

WhiteRhino
February 1st, 2005, 10:52 AM
H Jonathan, long time since we last talked!
First, on the humorous side, Mt St Helen is in Washington State. Michigan only has St Helen. (if it were only that high....)

The ORV park does require an ORV sticker. Remeber, your 2004 sticker is good thru March.

No flags are required.

There is not really enough "within the park" to keep you happy for an entire day. Especially for non-stock vehicles.

However, there are tons of local forest roads that a street legal vehicle can enjoy for a day. (or two)

If you want to PM or email me, I can direct you to some fun trails.
Jim

ddstrunt
February 1st, 2005, 11:02 AM
Sorry about the confusion silly boy! ;)

Yes it has been a while! Life has been upset city over here...possibility of job relocation to WI being the biggest!

Thanks for the info! I was thinking of calling a few GL's folks for a guided tour when we pin down our date better. Will try to remember to post up on the events page, when we do!

Thanks again!

Originally posted by WhiteRhino@Feb 1 2005, 12:52 PM
H Jonathan, long time since we last talked!
First, on the humorous side, Mt St Helen is in Washington State. Michigan only has St Helen. (if it were only that high....)

The ORV park does require an ORV sticker. Remeber, your 2004 sticker is good thru March.

No flags are required.

There is not really enough "within the park" to keep you happy for an entire day. Especially for non-stock vehicles.

However, there are tons of local forest roads that a street legal vehicle can enjoy for a day. (or two)

If you want to PM or email me, I can direct you to some fun trails.
Jim
<div align="right">4056
[/quote]

yogi
February 1st, 2005, 12:12 PM
ill be ready let me know when
i know the area very well :D

yogi