PDA

View Full Version : photo upload

Creative Fab
November 6th, 2007, 05:48 PM
I am having a problem with uploading, it says I am using the wrong MIME type. What is a MIME, other than the ones you see on the street that dont talk.

The pics are Jpeg's, is this what it means?

Petoskey Mudder
November 6th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) is an Internet Standard that extends the format of e-mail to support:

* text in character sets other than US-ASCII;
* non-text attachments;
* multi-part message bodies; and
* header information in non-ASCII character sets.

Virtually all human-written Internet e-mail and a fairly large proportion of automated e-mail is transmitted via SMTP in MIME format. Internet e-mail is so closely associated with the SMTP and MIME standards that it is sometimes called SMTP/MIME e-mail.[1]

Not really up to date with my computer lingo, but thats what I found.

Creative Fab
November 7th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) is an Internet Standard that extends the format of e-mail to support:

* text in character sets other than US-ASCII;
* non-text attachments;
* multi-part message bodies; and
* header information in non-ASCII character sets.

Virtually all human-written Internet e-mail and a fairly large proportion of automated e-mail is transmitted via SMTP in MIME format. Internet e-mail is so closely associated with the SMTP and MIME standards that it is sometimes called SMTP/MIME e-mail.[1]

Not really up to date with my computer lingo, but thats what I found.

Even with your definition of MIME I still cant get my pics to load:hysterical:and :banghead:

USMC 0369
November 7th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I'm not for sure, but I think there are some problems with the permissions and other such computer nonsense that I'm not able to speak intelligently about. I'm pretty sure they are aware of it and working on it, I contacted them about not being able to load a file for my signature a week or so ago. Remember that Kevin just got back from SEMA on Monday and he has a paying job also.

Creative Fab
November 7th, 2007, 02:39 PM
I'm not for sure, but I think there are some problems with the permissions and other such computer nonsense that I'm not able to speak intelligently about. I'm pretty sure they are aware of it and working on it, I contacted them about not being able to load a file for my signature a week or so ago. Remember that Kevin just got back from SEMA on Monday and he has a paying job also.

Now that is good news, I was hoping it wasnt something I was doing wrong, becuase that happens way to much when I am involved with anything IT related. :ironman: this little guy is named what?

JerryD
November 7th, 2007, 11:14 PM
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/113/pksp3.jpg

:laughing2:

DDS4X4
November 8th, 2007, 03:54 AM
Funny Jerry, but it fits more of us than just Pat K.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
November 8th, 2007, 10:58 AM
I am having a problem with uploading, it says I am using the wrong MIME type. What is a MIME, other than the ones you see on the street that dont talk.

The pics are Jpeg's, is this what it means?

Uploading to a message in the forum?

Can you email me one of the pics for me to try?

JerryD
November 8th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Funny Jerry, but it fits more of us than just Pat K.
Hey! I didn't name it! That was just a screen shot of when I placed the cursor over the image...

;)

Creative Fab
November 8th, 2007, 12:39 PM
yup, on it's way

JohnnyJ
November 8th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Are you stuck behind a glass wall? Or is it a giant gust of wind is pushing you over and you have to pull yourself back with a rope?

We need details if you want help.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
November 9th, 2007, 11:29 AM
yup, on it's way

I had to edit the file to get it under the size limit, but it uploaded fine....:confused:

DieselMTU
November 9th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Trying to post:

I still get "Upload failed" file size with in the limit too

Jeeperz-Creeperz
November 10th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Trying to post:

Please try again and let me know.

DDS4X4
November 10th, 2007, 09:34 PM
same problem
can you give a brief tutorial to edit picture size down to what will load?
can you upload more than 4-5 pics to the gallery at one time?
thanks!

Renegade II
November 10th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Trying to post:

Me too. Tried several times

Creative Fab
November 10th, 2007, 11:21 PM
I was actually trying to upload to the gallery, several photo's at first, and then just the one that Kevin loaded above. I will try again and see what happens.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
November 14th, 2007, 08:22 PM
I was actually trying to upload to the gallery, several photo's at first, and then just the one that Kevin loaded above. I will try again and see what happens.

A little of :banghead: and some of :ironman: and this should be fixed. Please try again and let me know if it doesn't work.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
November 14th, 2007, 08:26 PM
same problem
can you give a brief tutorial to edit picture size down to what will load?
can you upload more than 4-5 pics to the gallery at one time?
thanks!

There is a filesize limit for attachments to the forum (which I've increased just recently).

The gallery does not have a filesize limit and you can upload 5-6 images at one time.

The gallery was broken (I dunno...) but it should be fixed now.

JerryD
November 14th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Works for me! :yourock: