PDA

View Full Version : Avatar loading problems

nd4spd71
October 28th, 2007, 08:34 PM
When I try to upload an avatar I get a message that says unable to save image. I am linking it from photobucket and have it resized to 120 x 160. Need some help figuring out what I am doing wrong.

Also it was pointed out to me by another member that at the bottom where it shows who is online my name shows in normal text while everyone elses is in bold. Is there a reason for this? Does this have something to do with me not being able to upload an avatar?

Thanks.

ouchman
October 28th, 2007, 11:08 PM
i thought the bold type were members, i was woundering the same thing

Jeeperz-Creeperz
October 29th, 2007, 12:37 AM
When I try to upload an avatar I get a message that says unable to save image. I am linking it from photobucket and have it resized to 120 x 160. Need some help figuring out what I am doing wrong.

Also it was pointed out to me by another member that at the bottom where it shows who is online my name shows in normal text while everyone elses is in bold. Is there a reason for this? Does this have something to do with me not being able to upload an avatar?

Thanks.

I'm having some directory permissions problems that I haven't quite resolved yet regarding uploads.

As for the bold, GLFWDA member names are in bold IF they've had their accounts modified correctly. You must be a member of the GLFWDA usergroup and have GLFWDA as the display usergroup. I've fixed your account.

Jarhead
October 29th, 2007, 05:26 AM
As for the bold, GLFWDA member names are in bold IF they've had their accounts modified correctly. You must be a member of the GLFWDA usergroup and have GLFWDA as the display usergroup. I've fixed your account.

That would be my screw-up!

Keep teaching me Kevin, I'll master this new software yet (I hope).

Petoskey Mudder
October 29th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Any solutions to his question about the avatar??

Jarhead
October 29th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Any solutions to his question about the avatar??
This is definitely a Kevin thingy...

nd4spd71
October 29th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Tried it again this morning at it worked fine. So whatever was done or not done fixed the problem. Also says I am member again. :woot:

Thanks

ouchman
October 29th, 2007, 10:32 AM
still does not say im a member #07232

thanks Doug

JerryD
October 29th, 2007, 12:55 PM

thanks Doug

I *think* the title is a different thingy.

If you go to User Control Panel > Edit Profile and look under "Optional Information" you'll see the Custom User Title entry. Not sure if you have to be part of the GLFWDA usergroup or not to change this field.

You could at least give it a shot until all the permissions issues are straightened out.

HTH,
Jerry

Jarhead
October 29th, 2007, 01:26 PM

thanks Doug
Doug, unless I have your screen name (for the www.glfwda.org (http://www.glfwda.org) website) you don't have access to everything, nor do I have the information to upgrade your access. As you may notice, you now have the GLFWDA Logo below your name. Whether this fixes your avatar issues or not, I can't say...

ouchman
October 29th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Doug, unless I have your screen name (for the www.glfwda.org (http://www.glfwda.org) website) you don't have access to everything, nor do I have the information to upgrade your access. As you may notice, you now have the GLFWDA Logo below your name. Whether this fixes your avatar issues or not, I can't say...

thank you, avatar issue is fixed
.....Doug

Petoskey Mudder
October 29th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Whatever the problem I had with the Avatar is obvoiusly fixed. Is this picture too far for this site? I know its a family website, just asking.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
October 29th, 2007, 10:49 PM
That would be my screw-up!

Keep teaching me Kevin, I'll master this new software yet (I hope).

How do you think I figured it out? :ahhh:

Jeeperz-Creeperz
October 29th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Whatever the problem I had with the Avatar is obvoiusly fixed. Is this picture too far for this site? I know its a family website, just asking.

I like it!

Jarhead
October 30th, 2007, 08:09 AM
I think I work with that guy...

Roadhouse
October 31st, 2007, 05:35 PM
I think I work with that guy...

:hysterical:

MIhummer
April 10th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Having same problem, upload won't work, need to be a member to upload avatar?

Ridgerunner
April 11th, 2008, 06:54 AM
I'm having the same problem as well :confused:

I keep getting an error message even when the file
to be uploaded is the correct size.

Laurel
April 13th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Me too, I had an avatar uploaded but when I went to change it, it won't upload. :wah:

Squat_more
April 13th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I am unable to get an Avatar up to, figured that it might be that I am new.

shaker
April 16th, 2008, 11:07 PM
I am also having trouble changing my avatar.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
April 17th, 2008, 09:57 AM
It's a permissions problem that I haven't been able to nail down exactly.

I'm trying to find time to shut it all down, wipe it all out, and do it all over (with the latest version).

Until then, if you email me your avatar I will manually upload it.

shaker
April 17th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Thank you.