Meeting held at:
Quality Inn
2980 Cook Rd
West Branch, MI 48661
Phone: 989-345-3503
Fax: 989-345-4194

phittie1100
October 25th, 2007, 06:35 PM
I have not called the hotel yet to hold a block of rooms, will try to do so before the weekend.

ouchman
November 7th, 2007, 09:47 AM
what time is this meeting?

Jarhead
November 7th, 2007, 01:21 PM
what time is this meeting?
Committee Meetings start at 9:00 AM

General Membership Meeting starts at 10:00 AM

phittie1100
November 8th, 2007, 11:30 AM
I made the call this morning and reserved our meeting room and a block of 15 rooms for Friday and Saturday. The rooms will be held until the end of December, but there does not appear to be much (any?) discount on the price of these rooms.

Trail_Fanatic
November 8th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Should we advertise the meeting location/time on the from page of the forums and .org ???

GerkTJ
November 14th, 2007, 10:50 PM
any trail ride happening on Saturday?

DDS4X4
November 15th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Family friendly backwoods tour/hunt trip???

Jarhead
November 15th, 2007, 05:58 AM
any trail ride happening on Saturday?
We have a plan if we have snow (the plan is focused on kids and those young at heart) still firming up the details.

GerkTJ
November 15th, 2007, 08:52 PM
That's what I'm talking about! Hell, I'm still young at heart!!! My daughter just got her permit and she's ready to take Dad's TJ off road.

98chevytahoe
December 29th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Hi there, I just joined your site, and i was wondering if i can come out on jan 13th because i would love to do some wheeling and join the GlFWDA. Is it okay if i show up? Is there trails that my rig can handle? its a 1998 chevy tahoe 4dr 5.7l i have a 3" suspension lift now and 285/75/16 BFG A/t's with a locker in the rear. i have a sets of 35" swampers i can try to sqeeze under there but i believe the BFG's would be better in the snow.

Trail_Fanatic
December 29th, 2007, 06:52 AM
We'd love to have you!

:thumb:

CheapthrillB2
December 29th, 2007, 09:51 AM
i will be present, not sure if i will be able to make the land use meeting however, but i will most likely atleast have 2-4 people riding with me to the meeting

Jarhead
December 30th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Hi there, I just joined your site, and i was wondering if i can come out on jan 13th because i would love to do some wheeling and join the GlFWDA. Is it okay if i show up? Is there trails that my rig can handle? its a 1998 chevy tahoe 4dr 5.7l i have a 3" suspension lift now and 285/75/16 BFG A/t's with a locker in the rear. i have a sets of 35" swampers i can try to sqeeze under there but i believe the BFG's would be better in the snow.
Informal gathering at 9:00 Am Saturday behind Forwards (Quality Inn I Think, I just know the place, maybe not the name) same place as the meeting on Sunday.

joe_jeep
December 31st, 2007, 02:04 AM

yes your welcome to show up, and go on a ride. the bfgs should be fine, if the swampers wont fit. if we do the same trails as last time most were full size friendly, we had a full size 80's dodge ramchager on 33's with us. the very end trails were kinda tight though. if the tight trails are covered in fairly deep snow they would be impassible to many vehicles, so they may be skipped. come on out and see whats going on, you will meet some nice people. the only issue might be if there is so much snow we cant do a trail ride?? i was just snowmobiling up there and there was some jeeps on the trails wheeling. if we get another good 6 or 8 inches by then a trail ride could be tough? the easiest trails in the world can be alot of fun with a foot of snow on them!

MrsRedRuby
January 3rd, 2008, 12:35 PM
Now that Christmas is over maybe we can find some time to have fun. I will let Steve know about the meeting and we will try to make it this time. Did enough people show up for that run at that offroad park on Dec 1st? It was a cold day but a lot of fun.:thumb:

phittie1100
January 3rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
Did enough people show up for that run at that offroad park on Dec 1st? It was a cold day but a lot of fun.:thumb:

There were a ton of people there, despite the cold and a snowstorm that started before everyone made it home!

94_xj_country
January 6th, 2008, 01:44 PM
looks like ill be goin, will there be glfwda items available for cash at the meeting? i need a sticker for the new tow rig :woot:

motrctyman
January 7th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I'm in. See you guys there.

joe_jeep
January 7th, 2008, 08:54 PM
looks like ill be goin, will there be glfwda items available for cash at the meeting? i need a sticker for the new tow rig :woot:

there is almost always shirts hats and stickers threre. i bet we got you covered, but no guarantee.

NewRide
January 8th, 2008, 01:56 AM
I'll be there !! Phittie's driven LOL :poke:

USMC 0369
January 8th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Looking up at the RSVP "YES" list...assuming everyone on the list actually makes it; how does this compare to attendence in the past? Just wondering...

BlueJay
January 8th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Let's see,two hours on the freeway for a day on the trails...
Well worth it! So 9:00AM it is. Maybe i should book that room for two nights....

Jarhead
January 9th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Looking up at the RSVP "YES" list...assuming everyone on the list actually makes it; how does this compare to attendence in the past? Just wondering...
For West Branch, it appears we may be on the low side for the numbers...

Deathdealer
January 10th, 2008, 10:30 AM
I will be unable to attend due to work. I am sending my requests with RockyTop.
TIA

joe_jeep
January 10th, 2008, 06:11 PM
it appears i will be president for a day(on my first day as v.p.)and will be running the meeting. wanna get a good laugh at someone who has no clue what they are doing come on out. i will be at the breakfast buffet at the lumberjack b4 the meeting, feel free to stop in, i hear its real good.

Creative Fab
January 10th, 2008, 08:33 PM
it appears i will be president for a day(on my first day as v.p.)and will be running the meeting. wanna get a good laugh at someone who has no clue what they are doing come on out. i will be at the breakfast buffet at the lumberjack b4 the meeting, feel free to stop in, i hear its real good.

What happened to Mark?

rentalrider
January 10th, 2008, 09:57 PM
sorry to get back to basics here, but am brand new to your club. have been reading the forum responses and have a question. is the ride Saturday or Sunday? I see there's a meeting Sun at 9am, is ride following? I live near West Branch so will be coming directly there, not staying. where do we meet? (for meeting and ride). appreciate all the info and hope to finally meet some of you this weekend. :wave:

USMC 0369
January 10th, 2008, 10:13 PM
sorry to get back to basics here, but am brand new to the Association. have been reading the forum responses and have a question. is the ride Saturday or Sunday? I see there's a meeting Sun at 9am, is ride following? I live near West Branch so will be coming directly there, not staying. where do we meet? (for meeting and ride). appreciate all the info and hope to finally meet some of you this weekend. :wave:

Fixed it for ya.:thumb:

Welcome aboard.

Renegade II
January 10th, 2008, 10:24 PM
sorry to get back to basics here, but am brand new to our association. have been reading the forum responses and have a question. is the ride Saturday or Sunday? I see there's a meeting Sun at 9am, is ride following? I live near West Branch so will be coming directly there, not staying. where do we meet? (for meeting and ride). appreciate all the info and hope to finally meet some of you this weekend. :wave:

Contact lgottler (http://www.glfwda.org/forum/member.php?u=14) for the specifics on the Saturday ride. Have some fun for me, I'll be home re wiring more of my house :wah:

motrctyman
January 10th, 2008, 10:50 PM
sorry to get back to basics here, but am brand new to your club. have been reading the forum responses and have a question. is the ride Saturday or Sunday? I see there's a meeting Sun at 9am, is ride following? I live near West Branch so will be coming directly there, not staying. where do we meet? (for meeting and ride). appreciate all the info and hope to finally meet some of you this weekend. :wave:
See post #14 in this thread.
Informal gathering Sat at 9am @ Quality Inn
Mtg Sun at 9am @ Quality Inn

NewRide
January 12th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Whats the cost of the shirts and hats ?? And is this cash only ?? I figured I would pick a few up while I'm there !

joe_jeep
January 12th, 2008, 01:24 AM
t shirts and hats are 12.00 each. we take paypal online, i would asume we could in person too. when you get to the meeting ask jarhead, he will know whats up i bet. good quality hats and shirts too, mine have lasted quite a while now. see ya there.

phittie1100
January 12th, 2008, 12:55 PM
We can't take credit cards directly, but we can accept PayPal, cash or checks.

NewRide
January 12th, 2008, 04:19 PM
OK thats what I was wanting to know ... cash it is !