PDA

View Full Version : OSTC, "Trial Run". Rose city, December 1st, 11am.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
October 25th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Date: December 1st, 2007.
Time: 11:00AM
Where? 2374 Lentz Rd. Rose City, MI 48654
Cost: $15.00 Per Vehicle.

A collective effort on the part of GL4x4 and GLFWDA has yielded a great opportunity for the Lower Michigan 4x4 enthusiasts.

The owner of Ogemaw Sport And Trail Center (OSTC), Dean, runs a very successful quad and dirtbike facility. He used to allow dune buggies to run the trails back in the day, but he switched to only quads and dirt bikes 4-5 years ago.

OSTC consists of over 125 acres of rock hills, sand hills, winding trails, tight and twisty trails, as well as some very very very tough hill climbs consisting of mud/sand/rock.

You cannot ask for a better piece of land to start with for a 4x4 facility.

Dean was approached with a very large powerpoint presentation showing the need for a full size vehicle recreation development with MULTIPLE CHALLENGE levels. Multiple challenge levels would be the most important part. There are currently NO legal spots in Michigan (aside from the mounds) where you can do a nasty hill climb, drive over rocks, blaze your own trails, etc. Dean's property has a great BASIS for building this type of facility.

Currently the property consists of many trails, many hill climbs, rocks (scattered) and lots upon lots of winding trails.

There are a couple hills that a very heavily modifed rigs (SBC/37"+ Tires/F/R Lockers) could not physically get up. Another tried climbing a very winding hill climb, only to get stopped (physically) by a large tree. The point is, it has some challenging stuff.

It also has some nice and easy sand hills, as well as some compacted rock/soil hills.

It already appeals to a large audience of 4x4 owners. And more importantly, its located in Michigan.

Here is our goal: We want to show up in force on December 1st, to show the owner that there IS a need for a 4x4 facility in Michigan, and that it would get used. If the turnout is good, we can then encourage Dean to move in tons of rocks, etc. He has already given us permission to make log climbs, and that is being handled internally via myself and GLFWDA. When we finalize this, we will be making a post for helping hands.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not call the owner and ask him to ride his trails. Because of insurance regulations, you will not be allowed to do so. We are hoping for the opportunity to have this property open to 4x4 users once every 6-8 weeks. Remember, he runs a very very busy quad/motocross facility, and because of safety reasons he does not want to have bikes/4x4's on the course at the same time.

The property is located 10 miles south of mio and 10 miles east of west branch.

OSTC's website can be found here:
http://www.ogemawtrails.com/ (http://www.ogemawtrails.com/)

If you plan on going, please see this thread on Greatlakes4x4.com => http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=64411

For the discussion thread, see http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=64410

WhiteRhino
October 25th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Good thread Kevin!

Creative Fab
October 25th, 2007, 08:53 PM
We also will be having a Toy For Tots toy drive going on during this opening.

ouchman
October 25th, 2007, 09:24 PM
im a new GLFWDA member #07232 and am looking forward to this event

joe_jeep
October 25th, 2007, 09:34 PM
be good to meet some of the new members we have now.

USMC 0369
October 26th, 2007, 10:09 AM
LOL...don't forget to bring the entire GLFWDA Store with you! ;)

mr.cj
October 26th, 2007, 06:28 PM
granson and i will be there

Jarhead
October 26th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Pray for early snow...

Grandcherokee
November 15th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Yes.PLEASE don't forget it's a Toys for Tots run also..

Thanks

Quietlake
November 28th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Wish we could make it, but have some commitments that day. Damn!

cvwindows
November 28th, 2007, 08:58 PM
I will be there. My jeep is broke (broke my rock jock 60) so I am riding with my brother (first timer) or Andrew Koz. Look me up so I can meet some of you. The Koz jeep is a Yellow tj on 39's. I will be in that group. Anybody going up friday and hanging somewhere?

Roadhouse
November 28th, 2007, 10:29 PM
I unfortunately cannot make it. Kids have some activities I need to take them to, and attend. Sorry

WhiteRhino
November 28th, 2007, 11:48 PM
I will be there. My jeep is broke (broke my rock jock 60) so I am riding with my brother (first timer) or Andrew Koz. Look me up so I can meet some of you. The Koz jeep is a Yellow tj on 39's. I will be in that group. Anybody going up friday and hanging somewhere?

ahhh........ the excuses are coming to not try impossible hill.:poke::poke::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I am going up friday to hang signs. Since I am camping there, I am just hanging out at the motorhome with my son in law and a couple others. Don't have any specific plans.

cvwindows
November 29th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Not a problem I will try them in my brothers jeep if I have to. That way if it brakes he can fix it.:idea: I am staying at the Quality or Comfort, What ever that hotel is called in West Branch. Stop by the bar and say hi if you get bored.

Bult4mud
November 29th, 2007, 04:03 PM
still starts at 1100 on SAT correct??

Bring a new unwrapped toy and some Chow is that it

SOFOOOO!!!

Creative Fab
November 29th, 2007, 04:06 PM
still starts at 1100 on SAT correct??

Bring a new unwrapped toy and some Chow is that it

SOFOOOO!!!

Gate will open at 9 am and riding begins at 11, food is provided, donations for food accepted. See you there!

NayPalm[]Maker
November 30th, 2007, 09:14 AM
This should be fun! Can't wait! :thumb:

Bones
December 3rd, 2007, 01:14 PM
had an awesome time

Any final counts on vehicles or people?

Test User
December 4th, 2007, 12:02 PM
test...

SNOHOG
December 19th, 2007, 10:18 AM
sounds like this was a fun pone, sorry I missed it.

WhiteRhino
December 19th, 2007, 12:20 PM
had an awesome time

Any final counts on vehicles or people?

170 vehicles & over 400 people.