PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE MOUNDS ROCK COURSE!!!

SKIP
October 22nd, 2007, 05:17 PM
Mr. Burns,
Hello! My name is Kristin Leach and I am with the Genesee County Parks and Recreation Commission. I work at the Mounds ORV park and was asked to let everyone know about an upcoming public meeting. If you would like to cut and paste the following message to your board, I would greatly appreciate it! (this will be the actual paperwork available at the meeting) Thank you!
Kristin Leach

Mounds ORV Rock Crawl Project
Public Input Meeting
November 8, 6:00 p.m.
Mill Street Warehouse
Crossroads Village
6140 Bray Rd.
Flint, MI 48505
Welcome! On behalf of the Genesee County Parks and Recreation Commission, thank you for your participation! We would like your ideas ans suggestions for continued improvement to the Mounds ORV park, as outlined in the approved Mounds ORV Master Plan. Please make sure you sign in. This is an open-house format (stay with us as long as your schedule permits).
Grant funding is being sought for a new event area within the park that will provide opportunities for a technical rock crawl course targeted for 4 wheel drive vehicles. Your input will be used to refine draft concepts for use in submitting a grant application to the State of Michigan for ORV funds. Speak up!
Everyone's questions and thoughts are appreciated.
Staff from ROWE Incorporated will be assisting this process, along with county staff.
Some of the aspects of the design that we seek input on includes:
- How do we create opportunities for various skill levels and/or equipment?
- How do we define circulation patterns?
- What do we need to provide for safety issues?
- How many users should be expected on a daily basis vs. special tournaments?
There are forms for additional written comments, please use these to explain your thoughts.
Constructive solutions are welcomed!
Thanks again for your participation!

WhiteRhino
October 22nd, 2007, 05:40 PM
Great news!

phittie1100
October 22nd, 2007, 05:45 PM
This is great news...but does this mean no one listened to all of the stuff Jim M has been telling them for years??

USMC 0369
October 22nd, 2007, 07:01 PM
What I really like about this, is that GLFWDA is recognized as a way to reach the 4x4 community. Hopefully some day it will be THE organization to reach the OHV community.:thumb:

DDS4X4
October 22nd, 2007, 10:34 PM
Hot Da** the wheels keep rolling ... if ever soooo slowly!

Jarhead
October 23rd, 2007, 06:17 AM
I posted this on the (Trail Ride) Calendar.

We are going to need an event/meeting calendar (Oh Kevin?) to clarify our postings.

Trail_Fanatic
October 23rd, 2007, 07:18 AM

We are going to need an event/meeting calendar (Oh Kevin?) to clarify our postings.

Maybe that's two calendars?

Non-GLFWDA Events and Land Use Project Meetings. . .

???

joe_jeep
October 23rd, 2007, 03:20 PM
good deal! it been a long time coming:ahhh:. hopfully it happens fast!

kb8ymf
October 23rd, 2007, 03:59 PM
This is great news...but does this mean no one listened to all of the stuff Jim M has been telling them for years??

Yep, that's what it means. I've made and given to them presentations on Rock Courses and design guidelines which we will do again in the public forum on the 8th. This way I KNOW it will get to the correct persons instead of getting round filed.

What I really like about this, is that GLFWDA is recognized as a way to reach the 4x4 community. Hopefully some day it will be THE organization to reach the OHV community.:thumb:

But what's really ironic is that I'm on the Advisory Board of the Mounds and I NEVER got any information from them. Neither did any of the other members of the Advisory Board. I've talked to them and needless to say, their not too happy about it.

We're still 2 to 3 years off from being able to put your tire on a rock though.
jim-kb8ymf

Jeeperz-Creeperz
October 23rd, 2007, 04:14 PM

Is that what we need? I just combined it with the trail ride calender since there seems to be a trail ride at each meeting.

I can add it if it's needed.

ouchman
October 23rd, 2007, 04:17 PM
at least its moving forward

phittie1100
October 23rd, 2007, 06:04 PM
Yep, that's what it means. I've made and given to them presentations on Rock Courses and design guidelines which we will do again in the public forum on the 8th. This way I KNOW it will get to the correct persons instead of getting round filed.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Brods
October 23rd, 2007, 09:31 PM
.... I've made and given to them presentations on Rock Courses and design guidelines which we will do again in the public forum on the 8th. ....jim-kb8ymf
The mounds is kind of a free for all as it is now. The thought of trucks, quads and bikes randomly crisscrossing a field of rocks and boulders is not very appealing. Anybody know what is envisioned for the mounds?

Creative Fab
October 23rd, 2007, 09:33 PM
The mounds is kind of a free for all as it is now. The thought of trucks, quads and bikes randomly crisscrossing a field of rocks and boulders is not very appealing. Anybody know what is envisioned for the mounds?

The rocks will be for fullsize vehicles, you would never get a quad or bike over this course. The rocks will be too big.

Brods
October 23rd, 2007, 10:08 PM
Thats good to hear.