PDA

View Full Version : Magellan roadmate 2200t for $167.99

yj_hank
October 18th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I dont know much about this gps but for the price it looks pretty good. If anyone knows about this gps please post comments. For $167.00 it is a refurb but still carries the factory warranty. I may have to pick this up. The reviews look favorable also.

Henry

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=204550251&adid=17654&dcaid=17653

joe_jeep
October 18th, 2007, 03:38 PM
im not into gps technology! but you should ask jarhead and greybeard. they are the local gps gurus. thegpsstore.com is usually very cheap! i checked there they dont offer the 2200t, they do have a 3200 for 249.95? i looked on escam(ebay) and found a used one for 99.00 and alot of overstock units for about 140 to 200. so your price sounds like its in the ballpark. hope this helps, good luck

Jarhead
October 19th, 2007, 05:24 AM
I know very little about Magellan Products. The first question you must ask yourself, assuming you want to use the GPS for off-road usage, is, does it allow you lay breadcrumbs/tracks?

I did not see anywhere in the reviews or specs that this unit has the ability to lay tracks. If you cannot upload, download and/or generate your own tracks, I would strongly suggest yo shop for another unit.

Several of the reveiws identified it's deficiencies, "The interface is very basic and sometimes not very intuitive", "This GPS is not as intuitive as a Garmin or Navman", "Draw backs in my opinion are (1) can not add or download maps such as Europe; (2) it would be nice to be able to zoom in from the map view to locate cross streets or an address without having to enter the text"

An expensive GPS Unit is a great place to start. Once you start using your GPS Unit will want more and more which translate to easier and easier to use. The Track ability is the key to any GPS Unit intended to be used off-raod.