View Full Version : 2008 SnoFari

Deathdealer
October 7th, 2007, 11:26 AM
West Branch Michigan
Forwards Quality Inn

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/Bult4mud/post-242-1168982529.jpg

joe_jeep
October 8th, 2007, 11:19 AM
thanks to sofo for putting this event on! im sorry i missed it last year!
we know hosting an event isnt easy! the effort you put into it is appreicated by us all! see yall there. pray for snow!

WhiteRhino
October 8th, 2007, 01:04 PM
hmmm.......... thought it was going to be closer to end of Feb/ start of March. Now you have it the week before Easter. Lots of folks going out of town over Easter. May be a problem for us too.

Bult4mud
October 8th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Jim Here is the problem we have...

the QI is booked for Januaray and Sno BLind is in the middle of feb we are trying to find a happy median... Next year we may move the location further north for more snow/earlier

WhiteRhino
October 8th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the clarifiction.

My delima now is that I will be in Tellic the week of Easter. To do a 3 day weekend the week before might be tuff. So, I am not sure I can commit to being a tail gunner like I promised.

I also don't want to risk breaking right before an out of town trip with no time for repairs.

kb8ymf
October 8th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I may be in same boat as WhiteRhino
jim-kb8ymf

95geo
October 8th, 2007, 03:50 PM
My delima now is that I will be in Tellic the week of Easter. To do a 3 day weekend the week before might be tuff. So, I am not sure I can commit to being a tail gunner like I promised.

I also don't want to risk breaking right before an out of town trip with no time for repairs.

X2

and

X2

Bult4mud
October 8th, 2007, 08:53 PM
10-4 guys thanks

ill talk it over with the CREW and see if we can move it back into FEB

WhiteRhino
October 8th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Don't move it if you will lose anyone who has already signed on.

joe_jeep
October 9th, 2007, 03:01 PM

you guys got some pretty stout trucks! i bet they dont break in michigan!
now tellico is a different story! hope yall decide to make it. i need someone to drag my junker around!

Creative Fab
October 9th, 2007, 09:13 PM

I am on this trip as well, might not be able to lead after all:wah:

Deathdealer
October 10th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Date changed! please re-RSVP

MiniJ
October 10th, 2007, 01:54 PM
sweet! i can make the Feb 2, I wasn't available in March.

ChilipepperTJ
October 11th, 2007, 06:46 AM
I guess I'll wait until the date is permanently set to RSVP.

Deathdealer
October 11th, 2007, 08:40 AM
This is it.

We really needed those guys so we could have some extra trails. Sorry for the last minute change.

WhiteRhino
October 11th, 2007, 04:53 PM
OK, checked with the wife's work schedule & we are in for Feb 3rd.:wave:

Now just gotta get my mechanic rolling on my new ride:ahhh:

95geo
October 11th, 2007, 04:56 PM
OK, checked with the wife's work schedule & we are in for Feb 3rd.:wave:

Now just gotta get my mechanic rolling on my new ride:ahhh:

I hate deadlines :banghead:

Ridgerunner
October 11th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Count me in!
Should have the ZJ done by then.

ChilipepperTJ
October 14th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Yes, I'm in and really looking forward to it. I'll be bringing my brother, and he will be a member by Feb. His B-day is next month, and I thought a membership would be a cool gift.

grabber525
October 28th, 2007, 12:37 PM
I have to check the calender but plan on coming.

Deathdealer
November 12th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Here is the reg form! Get them in quick to hold your spot!

kb8ymf
November 14th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Checks payable to:??????????????????????????????????????????????

Deathdealer
November 14th, 2007, 06:31 PM
good catch, I lost it in the edit

Soldiers of Fortune Offroad

I reuploaded the new reg form too

DDS4X4
November 15th, 2007, 12:50 AM
For non-Great Lakes FWDA members, you may attend by adding an additional $15 per family for a special one event membership, it's an insurance thing ... you understand!

yj_hank
November 27th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Is the price for kids 10-17 the same as adults? I down loaded the flyer and it is blank there now. I need to know before I commit to how many I will bring.

Thanks,

Henry

MiniJ
November 27th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Kids 11-17 are $17. Kids 10 and under are Free.

(I think technically the reg form says 10 and under Free, and then 10-17 is $17, but that doesn't work logistically, so I think they meant 11-17)

Kixx007
November 27th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Kids 11-17 are $17. Kids 10 and under are Free.

(I think technically the reg form says 10 and under Free, and then 10-17 is $17, but that doesn't work logistically, so I think they meant 11-17)

You are correct. :thumb:

300Grand
November 27th, 2007, 10:24 PM
I was wondering if this is a run that's doable in a stock ZJ? I'm not a rookie driver I've just been out of it for a while.

Thanks,
Tom

Creative Fab
November 28th, 2007, 10:23 AM
I was wondering if this is a run that's doable in a stock ZJ? I'm not a rookie driver I've just been out of it for a while.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom, it is hard to say if this run is doable in any stock vehicle. During the non snow season the answer is yes, during winter it would depend on the snow level. Which as you know is really hard to predict, heck the weatherman on your tv cant even get it right:lmao:

It generally isnt fair to the rest of a group to have to pull a stock height vehicle through deep snow all day.

300Grand
November 28th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Thanks Pat, I hold off on this run for a while then.

Deathdealer
December 4th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Looks like there is a guaging interest thread over at GL4x4, let them know that you are going to SnoFari!!!

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=69178

WhiteRhino
December 7th, 2007, 11:48 AM
So,
Nothing on Friday?

USMC 0369
December 7th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Wow! Look at that roster!

This IS a big-time event. Can't wait until I can go on it!

Deathdealer
December 7th, 2007, 02:10 PM
So,
Nothing on Friday?

if tehre is enough interest and we have enough available trail guides, we will do a night run on friday

timmy_69
December 13th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Sent in my registration in and just booked my room. looking foward to it. I would be up for a night run.

Deathdealer
January 9th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Only one more week for open registration. For those of you sitting on your reg forms get them in before its too late!

motrctyman
January 9th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Will you promise snow? Deep Snow??

Bult4mud
January 10th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Ill promis you lots of deep snow with fresh powder on top so you can blast like a Jeep commerical

However i wont bee there so if its not good snow punch DD or Kixx

95geo
January 22nd, 2008, 08:34 AM
woohoo! I have fully functioning headlights again, a valid tag on the plate, a gps that works, about 4 more hours of work and I'm ready to go!

Kixx007
January 22nd, 2008, 01:03 PM
woohoo! I have fully functioning headlights again, a valid tag on the plate, a gps that works, about 4 more hours of work and I'm ready to go!

You're gonna need that GPS.. LOL :thumb:

Maybe I'll have a functioning Jeep by this weekend. :blahblah:

motrctyman
January 22nd, 2008, 09:21 PM
Should we be expecting something in the mail soon?:rolleyes:
I am in, aren't I? :wave:

WhiteRhino
January 22nd, 2008, 09:43 PM
Should we be expecting something in the mail soon?:rolleyes:
I am in, aren't I? :wave:

All depends on if you get on the PR committee with Steve.:poke::lmao:

shawn
January 22nd, 2008, 10:33 PM
Wespent last night packing envelopes, so they should have been in the mail today. Although, you really just need to show up and register on Saturday morning to get set for the trail ride and get the banquet passes.

Kixx007
January 22nd, 2008, 10:52 PM
Yeah, what shawn said. Info packets went out this morning. So you should be receiving them sometime this week.:thumb:

motrctyman
January 22nd, 2008, 11:46 PM
All depends on if you get on the PR committee with Steve.:poke::lmao: You crack me up :thumb:

marineonee6
January 23rd, 2008, 12:41 PM
I have some friends that have been telling me about this SnoFari 2008, is it to late to sign up?

Deathdealer
January 23rd, 2008, 01:17 PM
Yep registration ended last Wednesday. Keep a look out for us next year!

WhiteRhino
January 23rd, 2008, 04:11 PM
Yep registration ended last Wednesday. Keep a look out for us next year!

I,m really sorry to hear this. He contacted me & I told him to come here & sign up. No room for one more?

Kixx007
January 23rd, 2008, 05:04 PM
I,m really sorry to hear this. He contacted me & I told him to come here & sign up. No room for one more?

Let me check into a few things...

Ryan
SoFO V.P.

Bult4mud
January 23rd, 2008, 06:51 PM
should be ok says the PRESIDENT but who knows i wont even be there

are these the people from 2trackminds?

marineonee6
January 23rd, 2008, 07:23 PM
Yes, It is the group from 2 Track Minds Off-Road. We just want to go wheeling and have some fun. We also thought this would be a good place to meet other wheelers.

Bult4mud
January 24th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I say its ok but im checking with my Run coordinator

Check your emails

XJmichigan
January 24th, 2008, 12:43 PM
registration at the door acceptable? pm sent.

shawn
January 24th, 2008, 01:49 PM
For late applications...............

PM Deathdealer and Kixx and Bult4mud to make sure you can still sign up. They are the ones running this event.

dmg4x4
January 25th, 2008, 05:36 PM
looks like its too late too make this trip

uncleedsjeep
January 27th, 2008, 03:11 PM
I have a friend who wants to go. She has a 88YJ. I have been working with her on getting on one our events. She indicated today that schedule changed and she can go. Any Room? What do we have to do? Thanks
Ed

shawn
January 27th, 2008, 03:36 PM
See my post, a few posts up please.

DDS4X4
January 31st, 2008, 08:39 AM
Who was in charge of scheduling the weather??

Must work for a "just in time delivery" business.

Looks like we'll be bring the SNOW with us on the drive up from NW OH. YYYYEEEAAAA!!!!

cc
January 31st, 2008, 08:41 AM
Who was in charge of scheduling the weather??

Must work for a "just in time delivery" business.

Looks like we'll be bring the SNOW with us on the drive up from NW OH. YYYYEEEAAAA!!!!

x2. Hope everybody drives safe. I'm leaving today right after work. Looks like the storms going to move in around midnight

MiniJ
January 31st, 2008, 09:24 AM
Anyone know how much snow is up there right now? We seem to have lost all of ours here in Lansing, but figured up north there had to be a lot yet.

joe_jeep
January 31st, 2008, 04:19 PM
last weekend there was about 3 to 4 inches on the hard packed snowmobile trail. less in the corners though. probably close to a foot if you got off the trail and found virgin snow. gonna be a real tough event this year! bring your heavy right foot and alot of tow straps!
have fun yall, be safe. wish i was there with ya.

rentalrider
February 1st, 2008, 03:19 PM
Well, you're gonna have a blast. I live 10mi north of W Branch and work in town. In fact I'll be at work as you are all going pass my door this weekend :banghead: Snowed last night. Not tons, but good, heavy, dense snow. Around 8-10" on ground but BIG drifts. Bring straps and a "they'll never take me alive" attitude. Should be PERFECT conditions. Expecting 30deg here tommorow and as long as your trip up North TO W Branch is safe, you'll have a blast. Just wish I could be with all of you. Be safe and keep on the skinny pedal!!! :woot:

WhiteRhino
February 1st, 2008, 03:57 PM
Well, you're gonna have a blast. I live 10mi north of W Branch and work in town. In fact I'll be at work as you are all going pass my door this weekend :banghead: Snowed last night. Not tons, but good, heavy, dense snow. Around 8-10" on ground but BIG drifts. Bring straps and a "they'll never take me alive" attitude. Should be PERFECT conditions. Expecting 30deg here tommorow and as long as your trip up North TO W Branch is safe, you'll have a blast. Just wish I could be with all of you. Be safe and keep on the skinny pedal!!! :woot:

:thumb:

Even if you are working maybe you could stop by to say hi at the banquet. Not sure if I have the authority to invite you if they are filled but it's a thougth.

rentalrider
February 1st, 2008, 05:19 PM
thanks, I might just do that... depends on what time I get out. I just ran by the motel to see some of the rigs. Man what representation already... several jeeps plus 1/2 dozen or so completely modified rigs including a ZR2?? that thing looks bad... not sure how he/she made that thing look like an ass-kicker, but they did. My better half and I were just droolin' in the lot... still snowing here, but what fun it will be in am. enjoy! :wah:

cc
February 1st, 2008, 05:34 PM
thanks, I might just do that... depends on what time I get out. I just ran by the motel to see some of the rigs. Man what representation already... several jeeps plus 1/2 dozen or so completely modified rigs including a ZR2?? that thing looks bad... not sure how he/she made that thing look like an ass-kicker, but they did. My better half and I were just droolin' in the lot... still snowing here, but what fun it will be in am. enjoy! :wah:

That zr-2 isn't near as cool as the black jeep next to it. :bootyshake: lol

The snow's coming down pretty hard right now. Heading to the pool, see you guys at 7... This is going to be a fun night run!

Kixx007
February 1st, 2008, 06:34 PM
That zr-2 isn't near as cool as the black jeep next to it. :bootyshake: lol

The snow's coming down pretty hard right now. Heading to the pool, see you guys at 7... This is going to be a fun night run!

i can see you in the pool. :poke:

Kixx007
February 1st, 2008, 06:35 PM
:thumb:

Even if you are working maybe you could stop by to say hi at the banquet. Not sure if I have the authority to invite you if they are filled but it's a thougth.

Or the M&G tonight. We'll be hanging ot in the are aronund the pool. or in the greenwood room.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
February 1st, 2008, 07:06 PM
We'll be hanging ot in the are aronund the pool.

Hittin' the sauce a little early? :lmao:

DDS4X4
February 1st, 2008, 09:40 PM
We're headed to the pool with our grand daughter.

The beer is cold!