PDA

View Full Version : Listserv

JerryD
October 3rd, 2007, 10:03 AM
I was going through the land use forum and it occurred to me that sometimes a very quick response may be needed to show support for our issues.

Does the host the GLFWDA use have listserv capability? Listservs may seem old school with the explosion of forums, but they still can fill a vital role. These forums are great for discussing issues asynchronously, but sometimes sending an alert via email or even to an SMS phone could really help get the message out quickly. I sometimes go quite a while without checking the forums, and I don't want to be notified every time something is posted in a forum, so a quick email might clue me in while I can still do something.

Just throwing it out there...

Trail_Fanatic
October 3rd, 2007, 10:34 AM
Great idea.

Of course, I have NO idea! lol

JerryD
October 3rd, 2007, 11:14 AM
If the webhost doesn't offer one, I think I might be able to get one via work (university), but I'll need to follow up on this.

Jarhead
October 3rd, 2007, 11:35 AM
I couldn't even fathom a guess on this, so I sent a PM to the webmaster to check this thread.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
October 3rd, 2007, 02:20 PM
I was going through the land use forum and it occurred to me that sometimes a very quick response may be needed to show support for our issues.

Does the host the GLFWDA use have listserv capability? Listservs may seem old school with the explosion of forums, but they still can fill a vital role. These forums are great for discussing issues asynchronously, but sometimes sending an alert via email or even to an SMS phone could really help get the message out quickly. I sometimes go quite a while without checking the forums, and I don't want to be notified every time something is posted in a forum, so a quick email might clue me in while I can still do something.

Just throwing it out there...

Listserv capability (like the old GLFWDA mailing list) is available.