PDA

View Full Version : Off-Road Vehicle Trails Advisory Board

Jarhead
October 3rd, 2007, 06:11 AM
All meetings are scheduled to start at 6:30 PM. unless otherwise noted.

All meetings will be held at the following location: Holiday Inn-Lansing, 7501 West Saginaw Highway, Lansing, Michigan 517-627-3211.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/2007ORV-SCHEDULE_180055_7.pdf

USMC 0369
November 2nd, 2007, 10:51 AM
Any chance we know what's on the agenda? What talking points are [we] bringing up Pat? Just wondering. I tried to look on the mi.gov website...but the page I found showed the meeting for August, 2006.

Jarhead
November 2nd, 2007, 01:41 PM
Any chance we know what's on the agenda? What talking points are [we] bringing up Pat? Just wondering. I tried to look on the mi.gov website...but the page I found showed the meeting for August, 2006.
Try this:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/November2007Agenda_212855_7.pdf

USMC 0369
November 8th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Try this:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/November2007Agenda_212855_7.pdf

Thanks Jarhead....very helpful.

What came of this meeting last night?

Jarhead
November 8th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks Jarhead....very helpful.

What came of this meeting last night?
97 Miles of New ORV Routes have been approved through the Application Process.

Discussion, Discussion and MORE Discussion of the Agenda Items.

USMC 0369
November 8th, 2007, 03:03 PM
97 Miles of New ORV Routes have been approved through the Application Process.

Discussion, Discussion and MORE Discussion of the Agenda Items.

I don't mean to be a...crybaby? but when you say ORV routes...how much of that is full size 4wd trail? We seem to be 'marginalized' when it comes time to designating what kind of ORV can use the trails.

Creative Fab
November 8th, 2007, 05:48 PM
I don't mean to be a...crybaby? but when you say ORV routes...how much of that is full size 4wd trail? We seem to be 'marginalized' when it comes time to designating what kind of ORV can use the trails.

All "Routes" in Michigans ORV system have a 72" width maint. standard, in other words they are for fullsize ORV's on down. Can be traveled by SOS licensed vehicles without an ORV sticker but all other non SOS vehicles require one. And to be a crybaby, none of which will require 4WD!:wah:

USMC 0369
November 8th, 2007, 07:40 PM
All "Routes" in Michigans ORV system have a 72" width maint. standard, in other words they are for fullsize ORV's on down. Can be traveled by SOS licensed vehicles without an ORV sticker but all other non SOS vehicles require one. And to be a crybaby, none of which will require 4WD!:wah:

Okay...I'm a little confused then. Lemme to some reading and I'll get back to you on this. But that is good news on who is allowed to use them... and typical that they are nothing but dirt roads.

Creative Fab
November 8th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Okay...I'm a little confused then. Lemme to some reading and I'll get back to you on this. But that is good news on who is allowed to use them... and typical that they are nothing but dirt roads.

I guess from a news stand point, it is just that. We could already use these "routes" as they are forest roads. And if your SOS licensed, you could legally be on them. This is only "good" news if your on a quad or dirt bike with an ORV sticker.

So in essence, the only way it would be good news for us is if they were a true 4x4 needed route. Instead we now have 97 more miles added to the ORV maintenance inventory of which grant money that could have been used for a true 4x4 route is now unavailable.

But I will have something new to ride my quad on.

phittie1100
November 9th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Anybody got a map of the new additions?

Trail_Fanatic
November 9th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Not all additions are Route, a few are trail.

Maps aren't available yet, but the DNR is updating ALL of their maps online. They say the new ones will be 'layer-able' with satellite imagery too.

USMC 0369
November 9th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Not all additions are Route, a few are trail.

Maps aren't available yet, but the DNR is updating ALL of their maps online. They say the new ones will be 'layer-able' with satellite imagery too.

I guess I get confused between DNR and USFS a LOT. The M-Triangle project is for USFS trails/roads right? These new routes & trails are DNR, which indicates to me state lands... am I tracking this properly?

Trail_Fanatic
November 9th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Yep.
You have it.