PDA

View Full Version : I'm so excited I have to post something!!!

USMC 0369
September 29th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Ya'll... Kev's been busy...and I think it's gonna be awesome. I won't steal his thunder...I just had to post something!!!!

USMC 0369
September 29th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Okay, Kev told me to post away.

What you'll notice is happening with the website is a new way to post events, and a new calendar options.

1st - The Trail Event "new thread" button will take you to a new way to post your trail rides. You will see some options on there that NEED to be filled out...if they apply.
Reason: With the number of vehicles per event restrictions we face in Michigan, this field will be a very useful tool. Also...you will be able to tell if the event is organized or not. If it's listed as organized that should tell you that someone or a club is sponsoring the event and permits are being arranged for, thus the vehicle limit should adjust from that.

2nd: New calendar options. In order to clear up a lot of the clutter on just the one calendar, it's been split into (at this time) three seperate calendars. A Birthday calendar (which holds the birtdays, and probably in the future will hold events like Meetings and Such anything not classified as a "trail ride or event"), a trail ride calendar (which holds your posts from new threads created in the "INFORMAL Trail Rides" Forum automatically!), and a Trail Clean-Up Calendar (which holds threads created in the BRAND SPANK-ME NEW "Trail Clean-Ups" Forum again...automatically!)

Jeeperz is also working on a 'roll call' sign up log...to help consolidate responses to know who plans to show up...and if they're bringing guests. WHEN (he says "if") he gets it to work, event organizers will know how many rigs to expect, and how many people/dogs/cats/fish to expect.

Hope to see this spread if it works out to another website I'm subscribed to....although, I'd wait to let Kev figure it all out and then just copy it all from him. But...he may want some $$ because he's been :ironman: all day... and :ahhh: with me pestering him.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
September 29th, 2007, 06:24 PM
My comments (my how things change!)

Okay, Kev told me to post away. What you'll notice is happening with the website is a new way to post events, and a new calendar option (see the lower right drop down menu to select different calendar, Jeeper... is trying to make it easier to select which calendar you want to view).
Calendar selection can now be made from the top menu bar by selecting "Calendars"

The Trail Event "new thread" button will take you to a new way to post your trail rides. You will see some options on there that NEED to be filled out...if they apply.
That is correct.... the fields are all optional, but if they apply please use them.

With the number of vehicles per event restrictions we face in Michigan, this field will be a very useful tool. Also...you will be able to tell if the event is organized or not. If it's organized that should tell you that permits are being arranged for and the vehicle limit should adjust from that.
Did I include the vehicle limit? I should probably go look :D

Jeeperz is also working on a 'roll call' sign up log...to help consolidate responses to know who plans to show up...and if they're bringing guests. WHEN (he says "if") he gets it to work, event organizers will know how many rigs to expect, and how many people/dogs/cats/fish to expect.
This is done, but needs a little polishing. Right now it is only in effect for the Trail Cleanups events.

Hope to see this spread if it works out....I'd wait to let Kev figure it all out and then just copy it all from him. But...he may want some $$ because he's been :ironman: all day... and :ahhh: with me pestering him I'd imagine.

It's okay, I've got your MYJEEPROCKS password :bootyshake: (just kidding)

USMC 0369
September 29th, 2007, 06:32 PM
It's okay, I've got your MYJEEPROCKS password :bootyshake: (just kidding)

:eek:PLEASE...Sarah's nice...but Rick's a big dude...and my wife reads these forums...don't get me killed by one, or all three, of them!!!

(I know you're just kidding, I couldn't think of another password like that one so Im gonna keep it.):ahhh:

I edited my post below. Now we have to verbiage some stickys to help KEEP it organized when this thread is buried. Also, suggestion... move the Advisory Board Meeting back to "Events" as it's not really a trail ride is it? Or is it? Which ever has priority.

USMC 0369
September 29th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Looks like it's going to be a day or so before ALL of that stuff gets figured out...but lots of progress made today! Check it out.

Trail_Fanatic
September 29th, 2007, 10:32 PM
:yourock::yourock:

One for each of you! :thumb:

USMC 0369
September 30th, 2007, 12:57 AM
it doesn't work yet....and Jeepers did all the work...I just pestered him.