PDA

View Full Version : private message info

WhiteRhino
August 11th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Why does the block in the upper right corner suddenly say I have 10 unread pm's when they have all been read?

Jeeperz-Creeperz
August 11th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Why does the block in the upper right corner suddenly say I have 10 unread pm's when they have all been read?

It had something to do with an update and some of the PM's have been marked as unread.

If you go into your PM Inbox, click the box at the top right to select all the PM's, then at the bottom of the page select Mark as Read, it will fix that. (you may have to go through several pages to mark them all this way).

WhiteRhino
August 11th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Okey dokey....... thanks

MrsRedRuby
January 29th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I received an email saying I had a private message and after clicking on the link it said I had 0 messages. Not sure what this is all about. Guess I am more computer illiterate then I thought.......:banghead: Thanks for any help you can direct my way.

DDS4X4
January 29th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Probably "stephanie spam" ... see related thread.
Not your computer skills ... but I know where you are coming from.

prooffroad
June 5th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Getting spammed by a user named Patricia

Icemanii
June 5th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Getting spammed by a user named Patricia

Got that one as well.

potatobill
June 5th, 2008, 07:42 AM
yeah i got one from "her" too

Troll53
June 5th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Patricia this time? What is going on with site security?

Petoskey Mudder
June 5th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Patricia and buddhism. Sweet!!!

Icemanii
June 5th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Now I got a notice I had a PM and my box is empty, including Patricia's from earlier.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
June 5th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Patricia this time? What is going on with site security?

So long as you can register with an email address and type in the letters in the verification image, you have to be human.

How do we determine if a human user is going to spam a site? You can't.

Yes, they have real people doing this now....

Jeeperz-Creeperz
June 5th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Now I got a notice I had a PM and my box is empty, including Patricia's from earlier.

I deleted all Patricia's PM's and her account.

Creative Fab
June 5th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I deleted all Patricia's PM's and her account.

I never liked her anyway:lmao:

cc
June 5th, 2008, 10:35 PM
So long as you can register with an email address and type in the letters in the verification image, you have to be human.

How do we determine if a human user is going to spam a site? You can't.

Yes, they have real people doing this now....

x2... You guys should try protecting a website with a much larger reach then GLFWDA.. Theres only so much you can do proactive, and you're left to rely on the member base to be reactive to issues.

All you have to do is report any spam, and I'm sure Kevin will quickly remove them.

Troll53
July 1st, 2008, 01:14 PM
I wasn't trying to dog anybody, just seems like we've been hit quite a few times recently. I understand now how they are doing it now. Pretty sad that someone is sitting at a computer all day spamming sites in the name of Buddhism. :crazy: