PDA

View Full Version : Getting in touch with the propers

DieselMTU
August 3rd, 2007, 11:06 AM
Well I do enjoy living in Alpena, it is a nice area, but I want more access to trails close by so I can take an hour or two after work and take a drive.

There are trails around Devils lake which have ORV Route signs posted and ORV trail signs posted. I was out there not too long ago and there were are few trials that were not blocked off, but I don't dare just go romping through the woods to see where they go.

Can I contact the Local DNR to try to get a better understanding of the go / no go trails in that area.

I would also like to look into the Rockport area that is in another thread. Any suggestions on where to start there?

mitrail400ex
August 3rd, 2007, 11:32 AM
Since you're in Alpena, you're really close to alot of the good trails. Fortunately, a few of them are actually still legal! Your best bet to check out where they lead is to look on the Michigan DNR website under Recreation -> ORV/ATV for their trail maps. They have maps of every legal trail system in Michigan, both routes and trails.

I'm not sure of the letter of the law, but I was once told that Jeep/offroad vehicle users (not motorcycle or ATV) are restricted to scramble areas and routes, so you might want to check into that still. Otherwise, you're good to go!

DieselMTU
August 3rd, 2007, 11:50 AM
I know I can head over to Atlanta, or head up north, that is not something I want to do during the week. Trying to create more options

Trail_Fanatic
August 3rd, 2007, 12:59 PM
PM sent.:thumb:

DieselMTU
August 3rd, 2007, 01:06 PM
Got it, one back at ya

Trail_Fanatic
August 3rd, 2007, 01:51 PM
Got it, one back at ya

Received.
Will call.