PDA

View Full Version : dana 30 locker

nosilla
July 13th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Looking for a locker for a dana 30 axle i have 4.56 gears..what do you have.

joe_jeep
July 14th, 2007, 01:38 AM
i have run a detroit ez locker for about 5 years now. no problems so far. should be about $250 to $300 for the locker. im told you can put it in with out removing the diff case, so no gear set up needed. we did gears at the same time on mine so it was out already. also look into the aussie locker, powertrax,lockright. im told the lockright is the strongest, but they are all pretty similar designs. ez locker seems to be the least expensive usually.
check out reider racing, dts, randys ring and pinion, also ask ironman and jeepers creepers on here either could probably point you in the right direction. i bought from reider racing, great service, nice price.
if you got the big bucks an arb or ox are nice also, but alot more money and gear setup is required. considerably stronger units for the big bucks.
i have run ez locker fairly hard with 35 inch tires and havent broke it yet.
the cheaper lockers do make some noise on the trail, and are a littler harder to turn tightly on the trail. ignore the clicks and bangs. should be pretty near transparent on pavement in 2wd. not ideal to drive in the snow, wont turn well!
good luck
good luck

nosilla
July 14th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks Joe. I have been leaning toward the Aussie locker.

calvynandhobbs
July 16th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Tim over on 4Given4x4 posted a D30 locker for sale last week I think. Here's the link.

http://www.4given4x4.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4428