PDA

View Full Version : flags

mr.cj
July 9th, 2007, 07:43 PM
will bike flags work for use as dune flags?

if i pick a flag up while i am at the dunes what will i need to mount them i will have very basic hand tools with me thanks wewill be leaving tommorow for a few days of fun there

Renegade II
July 9th, 2007, 07:56 PM
I believe bike flags are triangles and don't have enough material to be considered "legal" on the dunes. Just get the flag there, every shop and gas station in town has them. Drill a 1/2 hole in your bumper and take a couple of cresent wrenches with you.

How long are you going to be there for? Staying where? Driving what?

http://www.glfwda.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2983

mr.cj
July 9th, 2007, 09:15 PM
grandson and i will be there a day or 2 .this is a last minute thing so were not sure were we are going to be staying at till we get there and find a place. we will be in a black cj5 .
thanks for the reply

95geo
July 9th, 2007, 09:44 PM
it must be at least 10' tall and a certain size and orange. x2 on just buying one there. they even sell multi piece ones that break down and are more manageable when off the vehicle

MiniJ
July 10th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Drill a 1/2 hole in your bumper and take a couple of cresent wrenches with you.

This was actually harder than everyone made it seem! When I did mine, it took us two nights cuz we basically broke the drill bit trying to get it through the bumper and had to go buy a new one and finish the next day. I'm glad I didn't wait till I got up there to do it.

Jarhead
July 10th, 2007, 01:06 PM
From:http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070-34760--,00.html

(7) Operate a vehicle requiring seat belts without a warning flag mounted and extending over the front-most portion of the vehicle. Vehicles not requiring seat belts shall mount the warning flag on the rear of the vehicle. Vehicle operators shall comply with all of the following requirements:

(a) The warning flag shall be mounted on a staff that is securely bolted or welded to the vehicle. The warning flag shall maintain a minimum 10-foot height at standstill and a minimum 8-foot height under motion.

(b) The warning flag shall be mounted on the top-most end of the staff. The flag shall be rectangular, international orange in color, solid material, with a minimum length on the supporting side of five inches and a minimum length on the base side of 10 inches.