PDA

View Full Version : Changing default of thread order

OldSailor
July 6th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Before the recent changes, in the SoFO forum the sticky threads were listed first. The stickies were followed by the rest of the threads, and the order they were in was by the thread that had the most recent reply.

The new look sems to list the stickies first, and then the threads in the order in which they were first originated. I found I could get them to display in the old order (most recently-replied-to thread first) by clicking on the "Latest Post" heading. However, that selection was lost when I left the forum. When I came back to the forum, the threads were again displayed ordered with oldest originated first.

Is there any way to select the "Latest Post" option of display, and then make that the default?

As a side note, I see that this current forum has the threads sorted the way I would like. I also note the choices at the bottom of the forum in "Display Options". I went to the SoFO forum and changed the display options there so they were the same as this forum. When I did so, It re-arranged the threads in the order I wanted. But, alas, when I left the SoFO forum and then returned to it, the display options that I had selected were no longer in effect. How can I make them stay in effect from one forum visit to the next?

Thanks for your time.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
July 6th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Would you check it now and let me know if it has the sticky posts at the top followed by the most recent posts?

OldSailor
July 6th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Yes. It is nowworking the same asthis forum, which is the way it used to work with the old software>

Thanks for your quick response.