PDA

View Full Version : New Changes!

Jeeperz-Creeperz
July 4th, 2007, 07:22 PM
As you can see, there's been some changes :D

I am still working on a few things to straighten them out. You may notice that your avatar might be missing. You can either load another one or I will eventually get around to going through them and attempting to replace them.

I did notice that the PM's did not appear to import properly (mine, anyway). The PM's in my inbox mostly appear to be PM's that I SENT when they should be the received ones, and the RECEIVED ones are in my sent box :confused:. I'm working on this as well.

Please let me know if you cannot get access to something you feel you should, or if you have access to something you shouldn't :eek:

NewRide
July 4th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Looks good :-) , had to redo my bookmark but its all good :yourock:

Deathdealer
July 5th, 2007, 07:56 AM
No club forums anymore?

Jeeperz-Creeperz
July 5th, 2007, 09:09 AM
No club forums anymore?

Yes, they're still there, but you might not have access to them just yet.

I'll need a list of users that are allowed into the SoFo forum.

Thanks!

WhiteRhino
July 5th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Will there still be a "view new posts" options? I don't want to have to scroll through each topic looking for something new.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
July 5th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Will there still be a "view new posts" options? I don't want to have to scroll through each topic looking for something new.

Just to the left of center on the top menu bar you'll find the "New Posts" button. There's also the option to view today's posts under the "Quick Links" menu.

WhiteRhino
July 5th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Got it...... sorry. But, to the right of center, not left. lol

Jeeperz-Creeperz
July 5th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Got it...... sorry. But, to the right of center, not left. lol

Umm.... yeah, I'm not sure where that came from :confused:

cc
July 5th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I modified an addon to rewrite text items for vbulletin. You can use it to fix all the problems with the old PHPbb quoting system to the new vbulletin quoting system

Creative Fab
July 5th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I modified an addon to rewrite text items for vbulletin. You can use it to fix all the problems with the old PHPbb quoting system to the new vbulletin quoting system

:confused: enough with the big words already................showoff

phittie1100
July 5th, 2007, 07:32 PM
:needpics:
'cause I need a diagram to understand whatever CC just said!

joe_jeep
July 6th, 2007, 01:43 PM
i had to submit my a new password, then change it back to the old one. and resubmit my full name. anyone else have this problem? no biggie, just curious.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
July 6th, 2007, 01:44 PM
i had to submit my a new password, then change it back to the old one. and resubmit my full name. anyone else have this problem? no biggie, just curious.

The passwords could not be imported into the new system, so they have to be reset.

The old forums never used your real name. I've added it to make it easier for the membership secretary to match up memberships with usernames.

WhiteRhino
July 6th, 2007, 02:04 PM
I've added it to make it easier for the membership secretary to match up memberships with usernames.

I like this feature!

Renegade II
July 6th, 2007, 07:32 PM
The passwords could not be imported into the new system, so they have to be reset.

The old forums never used your real name. I've added it to make it easier for the membership secretary to match up memberships with usernames.

Would it be possible to send out a mass e-mail (with the new forum address) to everyone. I don't keep up on the technical site news and was a bit bewildered when my old favorites link went dead. The only way I knew to get here was a post someone made on GL4X4. Hate to have anyone think we closed shop on the association forums. Then again I'm no Bill Gates and it might just be my inability to web wheel holding me back:lol:

cc
July 6th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Would it be possible to send out a mass e-mail (with the new forum address) to everyone. I don't keep up on the technical site news and was a bit bewildered when my old favorites link went dead. The only way I knew to get here was a post someone made on GL4X4. Hate to have anyone think we closed shop on the association forums. Then again I'm no Bill Gates and it might just be my inability to web wheel holding me back:lol:

Kevin should put a redirect from the old forum url to a new screen stating the forum has moved, and to bookmark the new location.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
July 6th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Kevin should put a redirect from the old forum url to a new screen stating the forum has moved, and to bookmark the new location.

Yeah.... I'll do that! :D

Brods
July 7th, 2007, 09:56 AM
It took me awhile to figure out the new changes. Is the gallery accessible? Just wondering if it is right there and I'm missing it.:confused:

MiniJ
July 9th, 2007, 01:03 PM

This was a PITA last night for me....even after asking for a new password sent to me and trying to log in with it, it said wrong password and eventually locked me out after 5 tries.

I'm just wondering why all the security, we're not a bank!!

Also, today, I finally got logged in, and was in the middle of reading a thread but got interrupted and minimized the screen. When I came back about 30 min later to finish reading it, I noticed that I was no longer logged in and had to re-log in.

Is there a timer feature now that logs you out if you've been in-active? Or was it just me??

RockyTop
July 9th, 2007, 04:38 PM
:confused: enough with the big words already................showoffhttp://www.comicguide.net/images/smilies/lol2.gif

Jeeperz-Creeperz
July 9th, 2007, 07:27 PM
It took me awhile to figure out the new changes. Is the gallery accessible? Just wondering if it is right there and I'm missing it.:confused:

No gallery yet.....

Jeeperz-Creeperz
July 9th, 2007, 07:30 PM
This was a PITA last night for me....even after asking for a new password sent to me and trying to log in with it, it said wrong password and eventually locked me out after 5 tries.

I'm just wondering why all the security, we're not a bank!!

I haven't experienced this so I'll have to try it.

Also, today, I finally got logged in, and was in the middle of reading a thread but got interrupted and minimized the screen. When I came back about 30 min later to finish reading it, I noticed that I was no longer logged in and had to re-log in.

Is there a timer feature now that logs you out if you've been in-active? Or was it just me??

Yes, after 15 minutes of inactivity it ends the session. This is pretty standard although I'd have to double check the old setup to see if/what it was set at. I can increase the time if necessary.

MiniJ
July 10th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Yes, after 15 minutes of inactivity it ends the session. This is pretty standard although I'd have to double check the old setup to see if/what it was set at. I can increase the time if necessary.

Ok, I'd never experienced that before, and I have a tendency to just leave the website open and running in the background at work and just refresh it now and then. 15 min is too short of a time, can we make it an hour at least?

calvynandhobbs
July 10th, 2007, 10:58 AM
I just got back on yesterday. It took me 2 different tries at resetting my password and then it made me fill out personal profile stuff that I thought I had filled out a long time ago. Oh well, I'm on now so I just have to browse a little to get used to it.

Roger

Jeeperz-Creeperz
July 10th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Ok, I'd never experienced that before, and I have a tendency to just leave the website open and running in the background at work and just refresh it now and then. 15 min is too short of a time, can we make it an hour at least?

Do you have this same problem with Greatlakes4x4?

Have you checked the "remember me" box when you log in?

The reason I ask is because the timeout over there is shorter than it is here so if you're not having the problem there then I suspect it's because of the "remember me" box.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
July 10th, 2007, 06:08 PM
I just got back on yesterday. It took me 2 different tries at resetting my password and then it made me fill out personal profile stuff that I thought I had filled out a long time ago. Oh well, I'm on now so I just have to browse a little to get used to it.

Roger

We've added a field to the user profile which is now required (to make it easier on Bob :D)

RockyTop
July 10th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Other forums I attend, use this software, so I like the change. If new to it, I can understand some of the frustration.

cc
July 10th, 2007, 07:18 PM

The reason I ask is because the timeout over there is shorter than it is here so if you're not having the problem there then I suspect it's because of the "remember me" box.

If anybody is having issues, click the "REMEMBER ME" icon and sign in from any forum page. I had issues with GL4x4.com on the front CMPS page.
:wub:

MiniJ
July 11th, 2007, 11:04 AM

I don't frequent that site often enough to leave it running all day long (sorry Kelly) so I don't know. I'll try the remember me box and see if that helps.

MTUbronco
July 11th, 2007, 05:00 PM
I've been trying the remember me box with no luck so it's apparently a multiple user issue.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
July 11th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I've been trying the remember me box with no luck so it's apparently a multiple user issue.

Try logging in using the log-in box on the right side and see what happens (if you're not already doing that).

Jeeperz-Creeperz
July 11th, 2007, 09:34 PM

The gallery is now accessible. I have transferred 4 out of 16 pages over (slow process). The link is in the navigation bar at the top.

Rattler
July 12th, 2007, 07:46 AM
The gallery is now accessible. I have transferred 4 out of 16 pages over (slow process). The link is in the navigation bar at the top.

I was gonna ask what happened to some of my pics. Must not have got to them yet.

Thanks.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
July 12th, 2007, 11:50 AM
I was gonna ask what happened to some of my pics. Must not have got to them yet.

Thanks.

Yeah, I have to go back and do it again..... I resized the photos (which was a mistake) so they don't display any larger than 160x160.

Not to worry everyone, I still have the originals :D

Trail_Fanatic
July 13th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Wow!:o

I had no idea the software change-over would be so much work for you!:(

Jeeperz-Creeperz
July 13th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Wow!:o

I had no idea the software change-over would be so much work for you!:(

It wasn't really that bad. There were just a few things that took some time (importing the gallery pictures took a couple hours).

WhiteRhino
July 16th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Kevin, I was looking for an old thread about the Iron Range where I posted pics. Found it.

http://glfwda.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1796&highlight=business+trip

But I don't see the pics. Didn't they carry over to the new format?

Jeeperz-Creeperz
July 16th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Kevin, I was looking for an old thread about the Iron Range where I posted pics. Found it.

http://glfwda.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1796&highlight=business+trip

But I don't see the pics. Didn't they carry over to the new format?

Not the attachments. I still have them, I just have to manually move them over (slowly working on that).

WhiteRhino
July 16th, 2007, 02:02 PM
OK, makes sense. Rattler was looking for info on the Iron Range. Maybe you could dig them up for him.

Ya know........ make him happy.:wave:

Jeeperz-Creeperz
July 16th, 2007, 04:42 PM
OK, makes sense. Rattler was looking for info on the Iron Range. Maybe you could dig them up for him.

Ya know........ make him happy.:wave:
:lmao:

I've restored the pictures in your post.

Deathdealer
August 10th, 2007, 12:58 PM
hey, did you touch up the logo on the side?

Jeeperz-Creeperz
August 10th, 2007, 06:42 PM
hey, did you touch up the logo on the side?

Yes, I did. I think it's much clearer now when used in the smaller size.

Deathdealer
August 10th, 2007, 07:33 PM
I was going to say, it looks a lot better, but I wasn't sure since I was on a different computer, different monitor, etc.