PDA

View Full Version : RPM swap meet and show and shine May 22

Creative Fab
April 15th, 2004, 11:43 AM
The R.P.M. Off-Road Club would like to invite Four Wheel Drive builders, drivers and enthusiast to the first annual Show&Shine Swap Meet on Saturday May 22nd from 10-5pm at the Evart Moose Lodge located just East of Evart on US-10. Registration to sell parts will be at 9:00am. For more info call or e-mail Steve Kitchen at (231) 734-6709 or rpm@net-port.com

ss71scout
April 19th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Pat thanks for starting this post for me. Here's some more info

Most of our members have a lot of old parts that are still good just taking up space. So we thought it would be a good idea for everyone to get together at one location and see what we can get rid of at one time. I'm sure we're not the only ones that have stockpiles of parts sitting around. That's why we've made this a public swap. Just from our club we have Scouts, Early Broncos, CJ-5 & 7's, Willies, TJ and YJ's parts.

It's hard to say how big it will be, it will all depend on how many others are interested in selling their stuff. We couldn't think of any other Swap Meet in Michigan that is just for Off Road type vehicles.

You see a lot of people on these boards trying to sell and buy stuff. I'm not sure how much of it really gets sold or bought but there's always an interest. Everyone seems to wants pictures or more info. This will allow people to see allot of stuff at one time and place.

The more people that show up to sell part the more there will be to buy parts.

We are planning to advertise this on the East side of the State. Grand Rapids Press, Pioneer Group (Local paper for Big Rapids Are) Cadillac paper and maybe see if one of the local TV stations can put it on their community calendar?

We are hoping that there's an interest.

As for the Show it's just to show your rig off there will be no judging or awards to be given out. If there's a big interest in this maybe something better next time.