PDA

View Full Version : spare tire bike rack??

MiniJ
May 10th, 2007, 03:25 PM
I'm looking for a spare tire bike rack, not too expensive, but one that's sturdy and will hold 1-2 bikes.

I've got the stock tire on the back (06 wrangler), so fitting it over the tire isn't an issue, and I don't think the weight would be an issue, since I only plan on using it to get from my apartment to the park, not any long road trips.

Anyone use one? Recommend a particular brand? Know of one to stay away from?

I don't have a hitch, and don't plan on getting one right now, so that's not an option, just want the spare tire version.

any help is appreciated. thanks.

95geo
May 11th, 2007, 07:53 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MiniJ &#064; May 10 2007, 03&#58;25 PM) 24796</div>

I&#39;m looking for a spare tire bike rack, not too expensive, but one that&#39;s sturdy and will hold 1-2 bikes.

I&#39;ve got the stock tire on the back (06 wrangler), so fitting it over the tire isn&#39;t an issue, and I don&#39;t think the weight would be an issue, since I only plan on using it to get from my apartment to the park, not any long road trips.

Anyone use one? Recommend a particular brand? Know of one to stay away from?

I don&#39;t have a hitch, and don&#39;t plan on getting one right now, so that&#39;s not an option, just want the spare tire version.

any help is appreciated. thanks.
[/b]

here are a few to choose from:

http://www.bikerackshops.com/groupsparetire.html

when i worked at a bike shop the hollywood racks sold very well. they are pretty easy to mount and when youtake it off it doesnt take up much room. for what your looking to do with it the hollywood rack would be a good choice