PDA

View Full Version : website links

CheapthrillB2
May 8th, 2007, 10:04 AM
question? I run our club website club Webpage (http://www.cheapthrillsoffroad.com)

and we get alot of local wheelers that check it out and sign our guestbook.....

i was wondering about putting a link to GLFWDA's home page on it for more exposure

if somebody could look at our site and let me know if that would be alright :ahhh:

Jarhead
May 8th, 2007, 02:54 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CheapthrillB2 &#064; May 8 2007, 10&#58;04 AM) 24728</div>

question? I run our club website club Webpage (http://www.cheapthrillsoffroad.com)

and we get alot of local wheelers that check it out and sign our guestbook.....

i was wondering about putting a link to GLFWDA&#39;s home page on it for more exposure

if somebody could look at our site and let me know if that would be alright :ahhh:
[/b]
Get with our webmaster Jeeperz-Creeperz to figure that out.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
May 8th, 2007, 07:44 PM
I don&#39;t see a problem with adding a link back to GLFWDA.

CheapthrillB2
May 8th, 2007, 07:49 PM
:woot:

i&#39;ll get that taken care of tomorrow

Jarhead
May 9th, 2007, 06:25 AM
After visiting your Club Webpage, I thought I would share a motto the folks I wheeled shared for years, "Go wheelin...Have fun...Break poop...Fix it & go again..."

Even though Safety isn&#39;t specifically identified, in order for us to "Have fun" we never did anything to intentionally bring on hurt on anyone.

CheapthrillB2
May 9th, 2007, 07:57 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jarhead &#064; May 9 2007, 06&#58;25 AM) 24758</div>

After visiting your Club Webpage, I thought I would share a motto the folks I wheeled shared for years, "Go wheelin...Have fun...Break poop...Fix it & go again..."

Even though Safety isn&#39;t specifically identified, in order for us to "Have fun" we never did anything to intentionally bring on hurt on anyone.
[/b]

maybe its lost on me being the monring and i haven&#39;t started work yet. But do you mean stress saftey in the "motto" on the Front page? Cause thats the very last thing we mention is be safe?

Link added (http://cheapthrillsoffroad.com/OtherTrucks.html)

Jarhead
May 9th, 2007, 12:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CheapthrillB2 &#064; May 9 2007, 07&#58;57 AM) 24760</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jarhead &#064; May 9 2007, 06&#58;25 AM) 24758

[/b]

maybe its lost on me being the monring and i haven&#39;t started work yet. But do you mean stress saftey in the "motto" on the Front page? Cause thats the very last thing we mention is be safe?

Link added (http://cheapthrillsoffroad.com/OtherTrucks.html)
[/b][/quote]
No, no our definition of FUN included Safety. No we did not expresslly talk about it like I do now on the trails, but it was in our minds. The interpetation is strictly that of the reader, "Go wheelin...Have fun...Break poop...Fix it & go again..." I always meant to get a t-shirt made but never did.

A yeah by the way, whoever corrected my slang word for poop - Thanks, :D I apparently forgot myself this morning and needed to be editorialized. :trio:

Trail_Fanatic
May 10th, 2007, 12:34 AM
LOVE the:

Off-Roading in Michigan is an endangered species, Please join
up with GLFWDA and help fight the good fight

However, if you&#39;re going to enter into the political realm of wheeling :wacko: , I&#39;d like to ask for one minor revision . . . :blush:

We should probably reword the end to something more like ". . . and help maintain motorized access to Michigan&#39;s public lands",". . .and Support the Sport in Michigan", or ". . . and help save Michigan&#39;s trails"

We&#39;re trying to change the perception that it&#39;s a "fight".
It&#39;s more a chess game or collaboration. We work with the NFS, DNR, CRCs, and soon the Legislature to get what we can from each. Those things we can&#39;t get from one, we appeal to the next higher authority.

The word "fight&#39; has a tendency to draw emotion into what we would like to keep a logical issue. Logic will usually win a debate over emotion in the political world.

I know its kind of nit-picky, but sometimes it&#39;s the little things that help the most.

Also, as is indicated on the GL4x4 thread, if you have pic&#39;s and video posted to the web. . .
You might want to make sure they&#39;re of LEGAL (or better yet, Tread Lightly) wheeling - or the DNR might come knocking at your door asking questions about them. :poke:

(endaNgered)

CheapthrillB2
May 10th, 2007, 07:39 AM
revised..............didn&#39;t even occur to me about "Fight"

if their is a certain pic that any sees "questionable" please let me kow.....i&#39;ve gone through and removed any pics that &#39;I felt were "damaging" but obviously if i spell the endaNgered wrong (lol) i&#39;ll miss something here to