PDA

View Full Version : Front page

kb8ymf
May 5th, 2007, 09:07 AM
It's come up before that our front page picture is a bit riske. It shows a Jeep obviously splashing through what appears to be mud. We should try to get a more 'responsible' picture in there before we get beat up.
jim-kb8ymf

Trail_Fanatic
May 5th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Good call.

Zookeeper
May 6th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Do we know where the picture was taken? I'd say leave those pics in place if we can identify it as being done in a fully legal area. And maybe if we can't, we should leave it up there, too.

If we start censoring because of what the greenies think, you'll have to remove ALL pictures and icons from this site, including your avatar Jim. I'm not picking on you in particular, but the greenies would be up in arms over your avatar for it shows how you are damaging beautiful natural rock formations.

I'd think carefully about how paranoid we become, lest we start doing the work of the tyrants for them. Pretty soon, it won't be the pictures of the playing that's enough for them. What about making winches illegal, since we apparently shouldn't need them in Michigan? Do we make everyone with a winch remove them because the greenies might see them as bad? What about oversized tires, tow hooks, roll bars, and, eventually -- 4WD.

The list will never end once you start...

95geo
May 6th, 2007, 01:39 PM
we might as well put a link to the sierra club on here too....

leave it and tell the concerned people thats what wheeling is about. if they dont like it simply ask them if they would like pictures of the enviromental damage caused by getting fuel for their car, garbage dumps, the skidders that tear up the forests to get their nice hard wood floors.