PDA

View Full Version : United '07, A Partial List of Activities

Trail_Fanatic
April 11th, 2007, 06:16 PM
John Stewart posted this update. I thought you might find it informative.

Three months into 2007 and UFWDA has begun a series of changes aimed at revitalizing the organization.

During the first week of January 2007, the UFWDA Business and Marketing Plans were completed. These plans outlined proposed changes to membership and corporate direction for UFWDA. The plans were unveiled to Delegates through two “webinars” held February 8 and March 11.

The “webinars” are seminars conducted via an internet connection. The Board of Directors is experimenting with this technology as a means of communication with members.

Accompanying the changes proposed though the business and marketing plans are proposed changes to the by-laws. The proposed by-laws changes, along with copies of the business and marketing plans, have been posted to the Delegates Forum. Formal action will be taken on these documents at the July UFWDA Annual General Meeting. All Delegates are encouraged to log on to the Delegates Forum and review the documents and participate in the on-going discussion.

UFWDA is now utilizing a state-of-the-art postal handling facility to process our incoming mail. This facility scans all incoming mail to electronic documents. This affords UFWDA the ability to forward only those physical pieces of mail absolutely necessary, cutting down on the amount of forwarding mail postage. It also affords UFWDA the benefit of having all mail, including invoices, receipts, and correspondence converted to electronic format for efficient handling by the Board of Directors situated throughout the globe.

UFWDA is in its 31st year. Over the years, a large quantity of material has accumulated. We have completed a task of sorting the 31 years of UFWDA archive material, organizing and retaining archival quality records and necessary financial records and shredding over 20 boxes of old membership data.

The UFWDA website has been updated with capabilities to process credit card transactions for memberships, renewals, and purchases from the UFWDA store. Part of the update includes a new on-line membership data base. UFWDA members can now review and correct their address information.

The UFWDA Store has been updated. Merchandise is now provided under contract with ProForma at cheaper cost and quicker delivery time than previous in-house store operation.

We have organized historic membership data and statistics from 1997 to current. A summary of this information has been posted to the Delegates Forum at: http://www.ufwda.org/smf/index.php?topic=598.0

The “supporting business membership” has been refocused to the UFWDA Business League Program (BLP) providing opportunities for businesses to reach potential customers through advertising. All BLP levels include a “white page” listing of the member company in the UFWDA Voice and a listing on the UFWDA web site. The Silver Level and up include free advertising in one edition of the UFWDA Voice. This program simplifies the membership process for businesses and adds value to the business membership categories based on tiered membership rather than type of business.

We have successfully published our first quarter of the UFWDA Voice with its new look and improved content. The new style is full-color, glossy magazine format. The new style has generated increased interest from potential advertisers. Members are encouraged to submit articles for inclusion in the UFWDA Voice.

The second quarter edition of the UFWDA Voice is expected to by in mailboxes the second week of May.

A United Land Use Conference “Effective Advocacy” seminar was held for the North East Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs. This seminar seeks to educate the local groups and promote and encourage local leading.

UFWDA is committed to protecting, promoting, and providing motorized recreation opportunities for our members. This is accomplished by bringing organizations, individual members, and business members into an association that is structured to fund advocacy programs to keep trails open.

Jarhead
April 12th, 2007, 05:07 AM
It appears we are making some progress in UFWDA's proposed changes, an update at upcoming Quarterly should be on the Agenda.

DDS4X4
April 12th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Yes ... I hope to have my taxes done tomorrow. I think that will catch me up on the MUST DO honey do list. Then back on to my United/GL stuff this weekend. I still need to get some work scheduled with Pat K for my son's TJ Unlimited so I might have to drive it to the dunes next week! Should I tell my son or just drive it like dad is paying the bill!???