PDA

View Full Version : The Lucas bender assembled

Creative Fab
March 20th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Remember the bender Lucas made a post about?

Well I bought one from him and here is the finsished product after I recieved my 1.75, 240 degree die and did a test bend. It sure beats the old armstrong way of tube bending :woot:

:eek2: [font=Century Gothic][b]Did I get the pitures big enough?[font=Century Gothic/]

WhiteRhino
March 20th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Holy cow........ that thing is HUGE!

It looks like you are bending 6" pipe. :poke:

Roadhouse
March 21st, 2007, 08:08 AM
wow thats a sexy fron't axle in the background of pic #2.

glad to see you got that die in...time for Ryans cage.

Deathdealer
March 21st, 2007, 09:39 AM
Holy Crap! That's awesome!

DDS4X4
March 21st, 2007, 10:54 AM
Well it's only Wednesday, not Friday, but does this mean you can work some sliders in the first week of April???

joe_jeep
March 21st, 2007, 11:40 AM
next time your not busy, no rush! it will be a while b4 im in the market. figure out what those arms will cost me roughly?? those are sweet! i want a set bad!
thx

Creative Fab
March 21st, 2007, 02:37 PM
You mean these arms?

I will look up the price of the RE joints and post the price for fabbing them up, do you have the C's from the factory control arms?

joe_jeep
March 21st, 2007, 03:01 PM
ya i got a stock set of arms still bolted to the hpd44, its from a 79 bronco. i found a set a while back of heim jointed radius arms online, i think from wild horses. but yours look way nicer!
ball park figure is perfectly fine. and yes those would be the arms im refering to. if i only had your skills! thx

lgottler
March 26th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Wow, what a relief....it actually works!!

I've got mine less dies and ram getting in my way in the garage. Harbor Freight finally got some more rams in so I get to at least make it move.....I did however borrow some extra caster brackets from work, extras from a job we just ran, now I need some wheels to mount to them.

I wish I had time to test fit all those pins in before I dropped it off, I hope it all went together OK! I noticed the other side of the 7/8 pin didn't have the locking collar on it, was it too tight or easier to just slide in or.....? See, I ordered enough stock for the orders, but when I was cutting the last one, I goofed and cut it 1" too short, so I need to get some more stock or buy a pin for mine.

Can't wait to finish the walls on the garage and pull the Jeep in so I can start rebuilding all the things I didn't do right on it, now with the right tools for the job!

Nice HUGE pics!

Lucas

Creative Fab
March 26th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Lucas, I did have to take my right angle die grinder to the holes for the 7/8 pin. They did not line up from side to side, about a 1/16th to an 1/8th off. Other than that it works great!