PDA

View Full Version : grand econo lift from quadratec

TOOLTIME
October 18th, 2004, 09:46 PM
ok, im new to all this so please bare with me......
i was looking threw the quadratec catalouge and found this "grand cheorkee econo-lift kit". it says it's ideal for grands running 30's. well im running 30's now and don't think im having any troubles (that i know of) what if anything is this kit (if i buy it) gonna do for me?

or what won't it do for me? worth the money or not? 139.95 and to be honest with you i enjoy off roading but don't see myself actually lifting this grand anymore than this may do. thanks tim

Vader5
October 19th, 2004, 08:22 AM
This kit will give you 2 to 3 inches of extra ground clearance. It will also help prevent tire rub when the suspension is fully articulated. The only other benifit is that if you decide you want larger tires you should be able to run 31" or 32" tires. 31's should clear with no problem, 32's may rub a little under full suspension flex with the wheels turned. I have a similar kit on my XJ. There is no downside to the kit I have. In my case it helped with sagging stock springs.

Creative Fab
October 19th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Yeah, what he said ^ :D

TOOLTIME
October 19th, 2004, 05:55 PM
thanks vadar5, i was the guy behind you on the troll run this past weekend. you got me wondering about it after the run. is the one im describing a good one? if there is a "good" econo lift. easy to install? thanks tim

DICE
October 19th, 2004, 09:37 PM
you were right behind Vic and I up
front :D

Bobby B)

yogi
October 20th, 2004, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by Vader5@Oct 19 2004, 05:22 AM
This kit will give you 2 to 3 inches of extra ground clearance. It will also help prevent tire rub when the suspension is fully articulated. The only other benifit is that if you decide you want larger tires you should be able to run 31" or 32" tires. 31's should clear with no problem, 32's may rub a little under full suspension flex with the wheels turned. I have a similar kit on my XJ. There is no downside to the kit I have. In my case it helped with sagging stock springs.

yogi
how does this kit give you more ground clearance unless its a spring over???

yogi

mtnbiker5
October 22nd, 2004, 06:46 AM
Yogi
spring over?? spring over what on a grand?? either way added spring height will raise the body and in both cases only tires will raise the diff/axles.

Camo prolly give the age etc if oyu put this in ( very easy to install) you could run 31's with very few rubbing issues put any higher Id look at springs.

IMHO just my .02

Brian

Vader5
October 22nd, 2004, 08:13 AM
The most important tool for this installation is a coil spring compressor. I did my lift without one, but it would have taken a few hours less had I bought or barrowed one.

I'd look at Rusty's Off-Road products for an inexpensive, yet good quality kit. And then go buy some oil at autozone and ask them if they have a coil spring compressor on their "loan a tool" program.

Good Luck. I'll look for your ZJ sitting a little taller in my rearview next time.

Paul :D