PDA

View Full Version : Polaris XLT special snowmobile

Nvrenuf
February 1st, 2007, 06:38 PM
I have a 1995 Polaris XLT Special for sale. It is in excellent shape and needs nothing. It comes with the Hi and Low windshields and a new Polaris SuperCover and plastic skis. It has the xtra12 suspension and the shocks were rebuilt a year ago.
Asking 1350 or best

http://www.glfwda.org/forums/uploads/1168909015/gallery_3_37_213987.jpg

joe_jeep
February 2nd, 2007, 12:37 PM
how many miles are on it! i have a friend that might be interested. im assuming its all stock?? is it studded?? electric start?? reverse?? thx

Nvrenuf
February 2nd, 2007, 08:30 PM
All stock, about 5000 miles. I bought it 3 years ago from a 70 year old guy. When I bought it I replaced all the bearings in the wheels, cleaned the carbs and clutches, replaced the slides, and added the extra idler kit. The track is like new and never studded.
No electric start or reverse.

I put about a 1000 miles with no problems at all.

Oh there is a Quarter sized scuff/crack on the hood from the previous owner tough to see (black under the black paint) but that is it.

Selling because to much stuff in the barn, and no room to work.
Steve

Creative Fab
February 2nd, 2007, 09:38 PM
Selling because to much stuff in the barn, and no room to work

I will vouch for that, I have been inside his barn.

joe_jeep
February 3rd, 2007, 03:48 AM
ill mention it to my friend. hes got a 96 ultra sp with a flannery big bore kit on it (186 hp) and after five or six seasons of it rattling and shaking, its just coming apart at the seams. looking for a gently used wedge chassis triple to swap all the speed parts onto, and put all the stock parts on the ultra chassis. all the rivets on the ultra are coming out all over the place, all the bolts are getting loose. coolers fell out 2 weeks ago. suspension bolts fell out bout a month ago and
the suspension wiper out a cooler. broke primary clutch into 3 pieces late last season. always missing an exhaust spring or two. but damn its fast and fun to ride!! just got it running right again last weekend, it will walk all over any stock sled made! raced a brand new fusion 900 and just left it standin there!! been wanting a new chassis for it for a while and just not found the right donor. ill pm ya if hes ready to buy.
im hoping he does, cause he rides his new fusion, and i ride the ultra, and my indy trail seldom comes off the trailer.
about to turn 10,000 miles on my indy trail 488 fc (woo hoo)

Nvrenuf
February 3rd, 2007, 08:48 AM
Let me know if he's interested, and the price is OBO.
Steve

joe_jeep
February 4th, 2007, 03:27 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nvrenuf &#064; Feb 3 2007, 08&#58;48 AM) 22234</div>

Let me know if he&#39;s interested, and the price is OBO.
Steve
[/b]

i just talked to my friend, hes interested. wants to come look at it. he just remodeled his bathroom this weekend, so moneys tight this week. if you still have it in a couple of weeks he would be interested. i just did my taxes and might have some money in a few weeks also. im interseded in it too. if you get an offer take it ,dont miss a sale for us, but we might be contacting you in a few weeks. thx, sorry for the delay.

Kixx007
February 4th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Does it have a skid plate? I have a skid plate I am trying to get rid of. So if someone here buys it and wants a skid plate, I&#39;ve got a brand new black holeshot skid plate..

ssjeepfreek
February 7th, 2007, 09:59 PM
I have seen this sled and it very nice. I have seen this barn and it is very full&#33; Good luck with sale.

joe_jeep
February 12th, 2007, 01:03 AM
is the sled in freeland? got direction to freeland from detroit area. thinking of coming and looking at it if it isnt sold already. thx

Nvrenuf
February 12th, 2007, 06:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(joe_jeep &#064; Feb 12 2007, 01&#58;03 AM) 22476</div>

is the sled in freeland? got direction to freeland from detroit area. thinking of coming and looking at it if it isnt sold already. thx
[/b]

PM sent.

joe_jeep
February 13th, 2007, 02:07 AM
got my 93 indy trail fixed, headed to grayling this weekend, hittin the snow for some fun&#33;&#33; jeep is parked for the winter gotta beat on someting&#33;&#33; ill call ya next weekend if all goes well. just waiting on the tax returns.