PDA

View Full Version : Pfizer forcing sale of 86 CJ7 "SOLD"

calvynandhobbs
February 1st, 2007, 01:12 PM
The closing of Pfizer is making me evaluate my finances and it looks like the CJ is going to have to go. Want to sell it and the trailer to get a DD XJ or ZJ that I can still mildly wheel. My daughter takes drivers ed this spring and I gotta have a vehicle she can learn in as well as me to drive to work every day.
1986 CJ7 with 4.2 and MC2100 Carb (carb rebuilt in August 2006)
T4 trans with D300 TC
D30 front with Loc-Rite 3.54 gears, Superwinch lockouts
D44 rear with mini spool. 3.54 gears Rear axle rebuilt one month ago
YJ SUA conversion. Running 4" Skyjacker double military wrapped springs
1" shackle lift
2" Body Lift
1 ton steering with tie rods flipped on top
6 point custom roll cage
Fenders cut with TJ flares
35x12.5x15 BFG ATs with 80% tread
35x13.5x15 Baja Claw on the back for a spare
Front bumper doubles as an air tank
Yellow top battery

The CJ runs great and the body looks great. Windshield frame and glass replaced last October. Tailgate opens and shuts great and doesn't even have surface rust on it. The only things I know that need to be addressed are that it has an oil leak coming from somewhere. I haven't figured it out yet. It is also leaking some gear lube out of the axle tubes since the rebuild. I talked with KillerB this past weekend and he told me what I needed to do for that. The body looks great from the exterior, but there are two holes in the floor right in front of the rear tires under the rollbar mounts. I've had this in all 3 of the CJs that I've owned.
Asking $3200 OBO

Trailer is a heavy duty 16' with 78" between the inside rails. It has brakes on one axle, but I've never had them hooked up. It hauls the CJ great and I've never had a problem with it. I pulled a 1996 Chevy Z71 extended cab truck on it this past weekend without any problems. Trailer comes with 4 spare rims and tires. 2 are good for spares. Asking $800 OBO.

I'll sell the combo for $3800 or for an XJ or ZJ of equal value.

Roger

CJ in Driveway (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/EBBronco/CJBlack2.jpg?t=1170349846)
CJ at TFT in January (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/EBBronco/BackofCJ2.jpg?t=1170349895)
Trailer (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/EBBronco/Pics/DSC02720.jpg?t=1170349947)

WhiteRhino
February 1st, 2007, 01:53 PM
Roger.......... what a bummer. Hope everything works out OK.

Jim

calvynandhobbs
February 1st, 2007, 02:04 PM
I think everything is going to work out in the end, but for right now I have to consolidate a couple things and the CJ is a me drive only vehicle. It's not exactly what my daughter needs to learn how to drive with. I'm hoping to pick up a more daily driverable XJ or ZJ or something that I can put a mild lift in so I can still wheel. If I wheel something I feel comfortable with driving to the runs there's no need for the trailer and my truck will probably end up being traded in for a car for the wife.

Kixx007
February 1st, 2007, 03:59 PM
I wish I could afford this. Its a nice Jeep. Sorry to hear you have to sell it. I hope you find something soon so we can wheel.