PDA

View Full Version : Trailer light blues

keithshotrodshop
January 31st, 2007, 08:02 PM
Did a late night loadup of a junk truck I'm taking to Wisconsin tommorow, and found out my trailer lights were out. Ended up being the rear housings were corroded away again. This is the third set in three years. I have been using Grote round pod style lights that bolt onto a bracket with two studs, and have a standard bulb. Anyone know of a good replacement assembly, possibly LED, that will bolt in place. If not, how about a good set that won't corrode as fast, even if I gotta do some mods, it'll be worth it. I'm sick of replacing those stupid lights.

lgottler
January 31st, 2007, 08:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keithshotrodshop &#064; Jan 31 2007, 07&#58;02 PM) 22150</div>

Did a late night loadup of a junk truck I&#39;m taking to Wisconsin tommorow, and found out my trailer lights were out. Ended up being the rear housings were corroded away again. This is the third set in three years. I have been using Grote round pod style lights that bolt onto a bracket with two studs, and have a standard bulb. Anyone know of a good replacement assembly, possibly LED, that will bolt in place. If not, how about a good set that won&#39;t corrode as fast, even if I gotta do some mods, it&#39;ll be worth it. I&#39;m sick of replacing those stupid lights.
[/b]

Mix a quart of clear epoxy and pour it into the light.......makes changing bulbs harder thou....

GerkTJ
February 1st, 2007, 09:21 AM
go to a semi trailer supply house and buy the sealed beam type lights. they will come with a rubber ring that you&#39;ll need to make a plate for it to fit into. when your done all you need to do is push the sealed beam into the grommet and your troubles are gone&#33;

WhiteRhino
February 1st, 2007, 10:02 AM
Leave your junk at home and fly&#33; :monkeydance:

RockyTop
February 1st, 2007, 10:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Feb 1 2007, 09&#58;02 AM) 22172</div>
Leave your junk at home and fly&#33; :monkeydance: [/b]

:lmao: