PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

JerryD
January 31st, 2007, 04:44 PM
Greetings Monsieur Patte-boueux! (is that right?)

Anyway, can there be a discussion amongst the board members to create an area on the site for archived issues of the Boondocker and other documents? Perhaps the section would be considered our online library; below that heading would be subsections for the newsletter, legal notices, sample legislative letters, trail maps, whatever. In fact, it might be better if it were hosted on the main site and perhaps an announcement be posted in the forum rather than the file itself. An additional benefit would be that it could also serve as historical information.

Just some off the cuff thoughts on it tho. What do you think?

Jerry

Jeeperz-Creeperz
January 31st, 2007, 05:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JerryD &#064; Jan 31 2007, 03&#58;44 PM) 22138</div>

Greetings Monsieur Patte-boueux&#33; (is that right?)

Anyway, can there be a discussion amongst the board members to create an area on the site for archived issues of the Boondocker and other documents? Perhaps the section would be considered our online library; below that heading would be subsections for the newsletter, legal notices, sample legislative letters, trail maps, whatever. In fact, it might be better if it were hosted on the main site and perhaps an announcement be posted in the forum rather than the file itself. An additional benefit would be that it could also serve as historical information.

Just some off the cuff thoughts on it tho. What do you think?

Jerry
[/b]
I think that&#39;s a great idea&#33; That was my thinking behind getting the boondocker issues together.

The only problem I currently see is that The Boondocker is a perk of membership. How do you keep the general public from seeing them? (Do you keep the general public from seeing them?).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JerryD &#064; Jan 31 2007, 03&#58;44 PM) 22138</div>

Greetings Monsieur Patte-boueux&#33; (is that right?)[/b]

Mr. Leg-Muddy? :lmao:

JerryD
January 31st, 2007, 05:32 PM
Mr. Leg-Muddy? :lmao: [/b]
I know, I know&#33; That&#39;s what you get when you hit "translate" in Babelfish... or was it one other... ? The only French I know I learned from my Grandmother (who was French-Canadian) but I have a sneaking suspicion that the words were very similar to what I picked up from my Dad&#39;s Polish. Probably not suitable for family friendly web boards. ;)

As far as accessibility... it&#39;d probably be easier to keep it in the forum members section if that&#39;s a perk. It really doesn&#39;t matter to me, I was just throwing it out there. By the way, do you need the Summer 04 issue? I had to use the Internet Wayback machine to get it, but I was able to download it.

Cheers,
Jerry

phittie1100
January 31st, 2007, 05:42 PM
Our Illustrious President has been contemplating the same thing - a place on the forum to store things that never seem to be handy when you need them. Some that came up last year were the safety inspection checklists, trail leader checklist, and the "manual" on how to organize an event. Jim K created a whole reference library of useful information he compiled as Trail Ride Committee Chairman - that would also be handy to have in the archive for future Trail Ride Committees.

It would be a great resource.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
January 31st, 2007, 06:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JerryD &#064; Jan 31 2007, 04&#58;32 PM) 22140</div>
As far as accessibility... it&#39;d probably be easier to keep it in the forum members section if that&#39;s a perk. It really doesn&#39;t matter to me, I was just throwing it out there. By the way, do you need the Summer 04 issue? I had to use the Internet Wayback machine to get it, but I was able to download it.
[/b]
That&#39;s just my point. If you could get it using the Wayback machine then everyone could, so there&#39;s no real point in trying to block access.

I don&#39;t need the Summer 04 issue but thanks&#33;

lgottler
January 31st, 2007, 06:20 PM
As far as boondockers go....we can always provide the past ones, not the current ones...maybe keep the most current off the "public" web page....

We do need everything available at all times. Someone at a meeting in _________ wants to hop on their PC and show another fella a certain document......just go to GLFWDA.org&#33;&#33;

I have all the issues I did on PDF stored on CD&#39;s and on my PC, so from Fall &#39;05 on, there isn&#39;t any problems providing the Boondockers....

Lucas

Creative Fab
January 31st, 2007, 09:17 PM
I know when I was on the board we had issues trying to figure out who had what document. Some we never could find.

GREAT IDEA, now who can make it happen? This typing thingy is my limit on the computer. :comp26:

lgottler
January 31st, 2007, 09:42 PM
All anyone would need is ability to edit a single page and access via ftp to a single directory for storage (uploading stuff). I&#39;d be willing to keep it in order if someone could set things up.

Lucas

Jeeperz-Creeperz
January 31st, 2007, 11:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lgottler &#064; Jan 31 2007, 08&#58;42 PM) 22158</div>

All anyone would need is ability to edit a single page and access via ftp to a single directory for storage (uploading stuff). I&#39;d be willing to keep it in order if someone could set things up.

Lucas
[/b]
Tim had already set this up.

Contact me for info.

Creative Fab
February 1st, 2007, 10:10 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeeperz&#045;Creeperz &#064; Jan 31 2007, 10&#58;00 PM) 22161</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lgottler &#064; Jan 31 2007, 08&#58;42 PM) 22158

Lucas
[/b]
Tim had already set this up.

Contact me for info.
[/b][/quote]

:woot: progress is awsome, thanks for setting it up Tim, and thanks for making it happen Kevin&#33;