PDA

View Full Version : GPS SOFTWARE QUESTION

Bult4mud
January 26th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Im trying to figure out if i can print my run routes out on a larger map. id like to be able to have all the runs on one sheet and cannot figure out how to do it short of cutting and taping them all together after i print them. does anyone know if i can go to kinkos with a cd and print them on say 11X17" paper or something?

kb8ymf
January 26th, 2007, 12:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bult4mud &#064; Jan 26 2007, 11&#58;34 AM) 21889</div>

Im trying to figure out if i can print my run routes out on a larger map. id like to be able to have all the runs on one sheet and cannot figure out how to do it short of cutting and taping them all together after i print them. does anyone know if i can go to kinkos with a cd and print them on say 11X17" paper or something?
[/b]

Cause I have &#39;stuff&#39; available to me, I do it myself.
Just take the .jpg output and scale it up to print out on whatever size you have available. I did some GG stuff on 11"X17" and 24"X36". Most printing programs have a custom sheet size but I suspect Kinko&#39;s can scale it to fit. I don&#39;t have first hand knowledge of this though.
If you get stuck, send me a .jpg and let me see what I can do.
j-kb8ymf

shawn
January 26th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Jim, I also have a plotter here at work, and can make whatever size you would like, just need the pics.

Bult4mud
January 26th, 2007, 09:24 PM
hmmm how would that work shawn give u GPS pix and you can plot it out?

shawn
January 27th, 2007, 01:08 AM
A plotte r is just a really big reaking printer, we use it for printing prints (like "blue prints" except theyare not blue anmore, s owe call them "as biulds" for any aspect of the biulding). It gets used for more than just rpints. sorry, my typing sucks right now, but yo uknwo why :D

GreyBeard
January 27th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I just have to butt in here and ask a few questions.

What software are you using to do the printing, and what format is the information captured in?

What choices do you have for output instead of going direct to a printer? Are there different file formats available? What might they be.

Are you able to get it to gather up all your trips and print them out on one piece of paper, but it is just too small? That&#39;s what it sounds like. Is that what you want? Are all the trips in the same basic area?

What size do you think would be adequate?

kb8ymf
January 27th, 2007, 02:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GreyBeard &#064; Jan 27 2007, 12&#58;03 PM) 21928</div>

I just have to butt in here and ask a few questions.

What software are you using to do the printing, and what format is the information captured in?

What choices do you have for output instead of going direct to a printer? Are there different file formats available? What might they be.

Are you able to get it to gather up all your trips and print them out on one piece of paper, but it is just too small? That&#39;s what it sounds like. Is that what you want? Are all the trips in the same basic area?

What size do you think would be adequate?
[/b]

Software is the one that replaced MapSource, just don&#39;t remember the name right now. nRoute I think. You just export the file in .jpg format. Don&#39;t have software on this computer so I don;t remember if ther are other formats available. Then just run with the .jpg and do what you want. I usually import it into PowerPoint so I can crop it, then put notes on it with arrows and such.
Then plot it out @ XX scale of you choice. When I&#39;m done, I have one, two, or three maps of substantual size that have all the areas I&#39;m interested in. 11X17 seems to be a decent size for the most part, depending on how much map your interested in.
jim-kb8ymf