PDA

View Full Version : Meet n greet

Bult4mud
April 14th, 2004, 05:57 PM
We should do a meet or something one day

kanata7
April 14th, 2004, 06:00 PM
I agree.....where would you want to do it?

Bult4mud
April 14th, 2004, 09:52 PM
gotta find some where in the middle

shawn
April 15th, 2004, 11:39 AM
How about Saturday, early, at EastSideMarios?

ddstrunt
April 15th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Are you talking about a Great Lakes M & G?

Sounds like a good idea....but quarterly's are pretty much that too! :o

brewmenn
April 15th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by ddstrunt@Apr 15 2004, 03:56 PM
Are you talking about a Great Lakes M & G?

Sounds like a good idea....but quarterly's are pretty much that too! :o
Yes, but I think he's talking about a fun get togeather nearby at a place with food and drinks, not a long boring all day ordeal 2 hours from home.

How early is "early"

Lothos
April 15th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Well, a "close to home" M&G could be 2hours away for some too :) I had always liked the idea of a set M&G schedule and set of locations. For instance, have one every other week for SE Michigan and have say 10 or so spots you rotate through. Where's the cruise director when you need one?

brewmenn
April 15th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Lothos@Apr 15 2004, 04:19 PM
Well, a "close to home" M&G could be 2hours away for some too :) I had always liked the idea of a set M&G schedule and set of locations. For instance, have one every other week for SE Michigan and have say 10 or so spots you rotate through. Where's the cruise director when you need one?
I think thats an excelent idea and I think thats the type of thing that GLFWDA really needs. It's difficult to have any sence of "belonging" to a group that gets togeather 4 times a year for meetings and 3-4 times a year for wheeling. Let this be teh first and we'll see it go form there. I think it'll be better to keep it flexable rather that trying to tie it down to some sort of rigid schedule.

ddstrunt
April 15th, 2004, 08:37 PM
That would be cool. I would be willing to drive to Lansing /kzoo/GR/ Muskegon. And act as a "west side" coordinator a couple times a year.

B)

kanata7
April 15th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Bult4mud@Apr 14 2004, 05:52 PM
gotta find some where in the middle
Hey, they call it Midland for a reason :D (has nothing to do with the fact that I live there B) )

In all seriousness...i think the rotation idea is a pretty good one...as long as people are willing to do it...sometimes it's really hard to make the quarterly's and if you don't you end up not knowing anyone (myself, case in point)...more options = more chances to get to know eachother

Creative Fab
April 16th, 2004, 02:10 PM
As a side note, I am hoping to eliminate the boring and stuffy atmosphere of the quarterly meetings. And shorten them as well! If you guys were to show up this sunday for the quarterly, we could start the meet and greet process there.

Pat

Bult4mud
April 16th, 2004, 05:56 PM
yeah like Brewmenn said just kinda hang out BS about wheeling and stuff

never heard of a quartlery what are thoes?
are they in BOONDOCKER?

thanx

JIM

brewmenn
April 16th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Bult4mud@Apr 16 2004, 05:56 PM
never heard of a quartlery what are thoes?
are they in BOONDOCKER?

thanx

JIM
It should be.

read about it here (http://www.glfwda.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25)

ZJZJ
April 16th, 2004, 08:53 PM
I like this idea of a more informal GLFWDA gathering occasionally. The Quarterlies are great for getting things done. But, a nice sit down and discuss over a beer type thing would be good too. Unfortunately I won't be there on Sunday since I am on nights. If anyone plans anything, PLEASE let me know.

ddstrunt
June 28th, 2004, 03:31 PM
How about the first one be after the quarterly in July for supper??

Just an idea!

:rolleyes:

Vader5
July 23rd, 2004, 11:48 AM
I've proposed an up-north meet and greet near Gaylord for August 6-8. See the events forum for more details.

Regular - regional Meet and Greets and small trail rides would help small clubs grow and individual members feel a part of something.

It doesn't have to be fancy, have door prizes or registration fees to be benificial to GL. It just has to inspire people to get involved.

Creative Fab
July 27th, 2004, 01:02 PM
So we will see you guys at Pauls on the 8th of August?

This topic seems to have died other than this offer Paul has put forth.

Git er done!

Pat Kinne
Pres. GLFWDA
1-888-705-8683

WhiteRhino
July 27th, 2004, 01:24 PM
We will be there. Not sure if we will go up Friday night or Saturday morning.
Jim