PDA

View Full Version : latest projects in Ironmans shop

Creative Fab
January 12th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Cage and new frame on a CJ5. And then Roadhouse's ZJ

joe_jeep
January 13th, 2007, 01:31 AM
ok, your killing me! how much for the adjustable radius arms with the re flex joints. just started srtripping my axles. same set your workin on. was lookin at some heim jointed ones through wild horses. but id rather pay you than them! i was thinkin they should come back and stop just b4 the transfer case skid. think thats too short?? how many degrees c bushing angle? 4 degrees or 6.5 degrees? once again sweet looking work! u rule! ill see ya at the quarterly.

Tab
January 14th, 2007, 11:42 AM
If I may Pat, those were fabbed by Pat with stock radius arms that were supplied by Roadhouse. He bought the correct size tubing and with parts from rubicon he made them. He'll have to get you a cost but they turned out very nice and should be sold like that in that style. Also I thought Mike was supposed to get him some 7 degree bushings for it because the 4.5's were not going to work. I'm sure Pat will reply when he gats back from snofari.

Creative Fab
January 14th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Tab is correct, Mike bought some 7 degree bushings and we will be installing them on monday. Will post pics when they are in. Then I will get with Tab and have him plasma cam the tabs that go to the new undercarriage/cross member unit and then build the new track bar and high steer setup. As far as price to build you a set, I will have to go back to Mike's invoice and see what I have into his and let you know.

And some day soon Roadhouse can go wheeling again :scared:

joe_jeep
January 14th, 2007, 04:26 PM
those are sweet, i want them! keep me posted pls. that tubing slides over the stock arm and is welded? i have the stock arms. still trying to get them off the tube. 26 year old bolts seem to want to stay in there. time for the heat wrench!

cj7fun
January 14th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Good stuff. Have any pics of Scrambler roll cages you built?

Creative Fab
January 14th, 2007, 07:07 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cj7fun &#064; Jan 14 2007, 05&#58;42 PM) 21475</div>

Good stuff. Have any pics of Scrambler roll cages you built?
[/b]

I will after you bring me up a Scrambler :D

cj7fun
January 14th, 2007, 09:52 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Jan 14 2007, 03&#58;07 PM) 21477</div>

I will after you bring me up a Scrambler :D
[/b]

I&#39;m waiting for somebody else to be your Scrambler development buck. I&#39;m a ways off from being ready for the cage.... I have a bunch of work to do before I get the bare frame and bare tub off the jackstands. :monkeydance:

RockyTop
January 15th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Ironman is both a great guy, and does extraordinary work. Speaking of which, Pat, it&#39;s gonna be a little bit until I can get that Jeep to you. (Read my post in Off Topic; "The Ride Home Blues" and you&#39;ll see B) ) No worries though, what we talked about at West Branch will happen though. More importantly, I hope everything is ok with the family.

Roadhouse
January 17th, 2007, 09:54 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tab &#064; Jan 14 2007, 10&#58;42 AM) 21470</div>

If I may Pat, those were fabbed by Pat with stock radius arms that were supplied by Roadhouse. He bought the correct size tubing and with parts from rubicon he made them. He&#39;ll have to get you a cost but they turned out very nice and should be sold like that in that style. Also I thought Mike was supposed to get him some 7 degree bushings for it because the 4.5&#39;s were not going to work. I&#39;m sure Pat will reply when he gats back from snofari.
[/b]

We tried the stock bushings to start with which have are 2* or 3*, which would of worked with a major bend in the arm. Pat and I both agreed the arms look better straight with no bend. So I some 7* units from Jeffs Bronco Graveyard, we&#39;ll have to see how those work.
The tubing on those arms is 1.5" with a .250 wall.

timbercruiser
January 17th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Hey Roadie, now you&#39;ll be able to really conquer those parking lots in the mall&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Roadhouse
January 17th, 2007, 09:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(timbercruiser &#064; Jan 17 2007, 11&#58;40 AM) 21549</div>

Hey Roadie, now you&#39;ll be able to really conquer those parking lots in the mall&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
[/b]

You know it. If you could see what the pot holes look like at our mall I need those lockers and Iroks :P