PDA

View Full Version : superior shafts?

joe_jeep
January 7th, 2007, 02:59 AM
i have superior shafts in the rear of my jeeps dana 35 super 35 kit. thay looked sweet! and so far i havent been able to break em. i am gonna do an axle swap soon. i have a hi pinion dana 44 front axle from a 79 bronco. i heard that superior was now making there shafts in india instead of the us and quality was not as good?? is this true?? and what shafts should i buy if i cant get (quality) superiors??

Ridgerunner
January 7th, 2007, 10:08 AM
I'm runnin moser shafts front and rear. they build'em to your specs with good customer sevice and quick turn around time. I read an artical about superior not to long ago in a mag.it had great info on their foundry and history as a company . what a bummer if they moved things oversea's

Tab
January 7th, 2007, 10:38 AM
I believe the ones made in India are the Yukon brand (along with a few others), the Superiors should still be made by Foote Foundries in the usa. Hence the cost.

95geo
January 7th, 2007, 01:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tab &#064; Jan 7 2007, 09&#58;38 AM) 21274</div>

I believe the ones made in India are the Yukon brand (along with a few others), the Superiors should still be made by Foote Foundries in the usa. Hence the cost.
[/b]

yup, superior has different levels of "alloy" shafts. the most expensive ones are made in the states. another axle company to consider is alloy usa.

nick_n_ii
January 8th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Alloy Usa I agree is a great brand to go with

Jeeperz-Creeperz
January 8th, 2007, 10:13 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(joe_jeep &#064; Jan 7 2007, 01&#58;59 AM) 21271</div>

i have superior shafts in the rear of my jeeps dana 35 super 35 kit. thay looked sweet&#33; and so far i havent been able to break em. i am gonna do an axle swap soon. i have a hi pinion dana 44 front axle from a 79 bronco. i heard that superior was now making there shafts in india instead of the us and quality was not as good?? is this true?? and what shafts should i buy if i cant get (quality) superiors??
[/b]
I would recommend Alloy USA.

joe_jeep
January 8th, 2007, 12:07 PM
i heard a while back foote foundry was closed by the epa for some environmental problem at the plant. but this was about a year ago?? im sure its gotta be open by now?? are allloy and superior linked in any way?? also looked at the moser max series looked real nice. thx

lgottler
January 8th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Good timing. I just pulled my front shafts and noticed the caps were a touch loose and I had one cracked cap. I went online and priced out shafts and joints. :scared: over 1100 bucks&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; 3 years on the same joints aint too bad I guess&#33; But I need some new shafts eventually.

Who sells Alloy USA?

Lucas

Jeeperz-Creeperz
January 9th, 2007, 01:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lgottler &#064; Jan 8 2007, 10&#58;59 PM) 21358</div>

Good timing. I just pulled my front shafts and noticed the caps were a touch loose and I had one cracked cap. I went online and priced out shafts and joints. :scared: over 1100 bucks&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; 3 years on the same joints aint too bad I guess&#33; But I need some new shafts eventually.

Who sells Alloy USA?

Lucas
[/b]

Hmmm... lemme think.......

Oh yeah... we do&#33; :wave:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(joe_jeep &#064; Jan 8 2007, 11&#58;07 AM) 21330</div>

i heard a while back foote foundry was closed by the epa for some environmental problem at the plant. but this was about a year ago?? im sure its gotta be open by now?? are allloy and superior linked in any way?? also looked at the moser max series looked real nice. thx
[/b]
I&#39;m not sure if it is or not....

Alloy and Superior are not linked in any way other than I believe Ron (Alloy) used to work at Superior....