PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Detroit Diesel stuff

keithshotrodshop
November 28th, 2006, 08:26 AM
I've been spending alot of time thinking about what I want to do with my bus/tow rig, and I've decided to upgrade my tired 6-71 detroit diesel to a turbo motor. I know its a long shot, but maybe some of you guys work around a place that has an old truck with one in it, or even better, a bus.

The most common applications for the 6-71 turbo motor are the ford semi-tractors from the 60's-80's, the GMC tractors from the 70's-80's (escepcially the brigadeer model) and GMC and flxible transit busses from 1990-93. The motor has also widely been used in industrial boats for the last 60 years.

I have located several for sale, but I am looking to get a better deal. I'll take just the motor, or the whole vehicle if I have to. Motor has to be a good runner unless it is cheap cheap cheap.

GerkTJ
December 2nd, 2006, 12:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keithshotrodshop &#064; Nov 28 2006, 05&#58;26 AM) 20284</div>

I&#39;ve been spending alot of time thinking about what I want to do with my bus/tow rig, and I&#39;ve decided to upgrade my tired 6-71 detroit diesel to a turbo motor. I know its a long shot, but maybe some of you guys work around a place that has an old truck with one in it, or even better, a bus.

The most common applications for the 6-71 turbo motor are the ford semi-tractors from the 60&#39;s-80&#39;s, the GMC tractors from the 70&#39;s-80&#39;s (escepcially the brigadeer model) and GMC and flxible transit busses from 1990-93. The motor has also widely been used in industrial boats for the last 60 years.

I have located several for sale, but I am looking to get a better deal. I&#39;ll take just the motor, or the whole vehicle if I have to. Motor has to be a good runner unless it is cheap cheap cheap.
[/b]

I gave my father in law a heads up on this. He&#39;s a big Detroit fan so I&#39;ll see if he has any info that will help you out&#33;