PDA

View Full Version : MAP sensor bracket

jsawduste
November 11th, 2006, 05:39 AM
Well the rebuild of "Crash" (as the kids like to call it) has turned into a full ground up. :ahhh:

Looks like the only parts that will be reused is the license plate. Sooo soon I will have an 88 YJ up for sale.

Pretty sure we have a handle on most of the parts required :rolleyes: but a new item came up last night.

Crash II needs a MAP sensor bracket. By chance might one of you folks have a spare ?

Trying to do this build right so I hate to just screw it into the firewall.

99XJer
November 11th, 2006, 08:29 AM
So this new one is 'Crash II' ? :lmao:

Whats left of the old one and how much? The Mrs. is wanting a Jeep she can take <strike>her</strike> the top off (go figure). Shes not game for taking the sawsall to the Cherokee so I told her I would try to find something cheap I could work on.

lgottler
November 11th, 2006, 10:39 PM
I wish I knew more to help, but on some later year XJ&#39;s ZJ&#39;s TJ&#39;s the MAP sensor is directly on the throttle body........?

And if you need something custom, let me know, I can whip something up if you need it.

Lucas

MuddyPaws
November 12th, 2006, 01:22 AM
MAP bracket for what? Are you swapping a motor or what.

Also, tell us more about this 88 YJ that may be up for sale. :idea:

jsawduste
November 12th, 2006, 03:03 AM
Hey folks,

Crash I is an 88 2.5 manual trans with 4.10&#96;s. 3-4 lift running Swamper 31&#96;s &#96;bout 75% or better tread left

New in 2006,
Clutch
Exhaust and manifold
Fuel pump and sender
Brakes
Tie rods etc.
Tune
BDS shocks x 5
Couple of sensors
Hoses/filters etc.
Custom Black by Rustoleum

The tub is shot. (Have a lead on another decent tub for cheap) Frame is solid. The former owner(s) hacked up the wiring pretty good. Have new (used) harnesses to replace the cut up stuff. The engine is tight (as in good) with plenty of oil pressure.

A tub and rewire and you would have a really nice package.

Crash II is gonna take the seats and the hardtop. Thats about it.

Crash II is a full ground up build. A pile-O-parts waiting to be put together. 92 Tub, 90 frame, 94 engine etc.

Right now the tub is at the body shop getting corner crushers, sliders and tube fenders etc. Then Rhino Lined 360.

The frame is at the sandblasters getting blasted and POR-15.

NV4500/Atlas/8.8/D44 are all built and ready to install.

Diamond Racing is making up some custom pistons to hang off Eagle rods in what will be a 4.8 Stroker. Dymanic Speed and Marine is doing the block. I&#96;ll do the engine build and tune. Hence the MAP sensor issue.

Hoping that just after Turkey day to start putting everything together.

Soon as Crash II is complete then Crash I goes on the market. Think Jan or so.

MuddyPaws
November 12th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Soon as Crash II is complete then Crash I goes on the market. [/b]

Well why didn&#39;t you just say you will never sell Crash 1. :lmao: