PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum wheel repair

keithshotrodshop
October 11th, 2006, 06:36 PM
So my mother managed to crack one of the aftermarket wheels on her sebring. Well, it just happens to be that the wheel was discontinued, so I was sent down to a little shop on 13 and groesbeck called Prima welding to fix it. I was doubtfull, but I had no choice other than buy a whole new set of 17 inch wheels for her car. I dropped off the wheel, and the guy told me to come back for it in a half an hour. After lunch, I went back, and nearly had a heart attack when I saw that the man had cut completely around the crack a 4 inch by 3/4 inch hole into the wheel. For the next 15 minutes, I watched as he tig welded this massive hole back together so artfully that it only took a few small hits from a handheld grinder in a few spots and I can't even tell where the repair is! I have never seen such an awesome job! Best of all, the bill was only $25.00! I would definately check them out if you ever need high quality welding or wheel repair. He said he does about a half a dozen wheels a day.

lgottler
October 11th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Dang! At only 150 bucks a day, that guy won't be there long!!

Jarhead
October 11th, 2006, 07:46 PM
I've got three H2 wheels that need some tender loving care like this. (I just bought four wheels.)