PDA

View Full Version : Dunham Lake

Kixx007
September 17th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Well, we did a little scouting around the Dunham Lake area, for some trails we had on a map... We've never been up that way. I've heard of the area, and knew people camped there. Well, I headed back into where everyone camps. We stopped at what we called the "Upper" camping area.. Man, was that a shocker, the place was ABSOLUTELY trashed! Garbage everywhere, RV parts strewn about, and even a complete bathroom from the RV. We picked it up as best we could. and hauled out a few bags. The toilet was left, since we had no way to haul it out.. But it looked incredibly better when we left... One of the people camping in the lower area gave us the trash bags, and said last time he was up, there was a complete camper up there, that was a bandoned. I hate disrespectful people like that.

:WhiteRhino:

Creative Fab
September 18th, 2006, 07:58 AM
My wife and I camped there in the spring of 05 to do some GL trail maint. and had the same story as you. We managed to clean it all up and haul it to a dumpster.

I dont get why people who would be willing to camp at a nice camping spot are also the ones willing to trash it. Maybe becuase folks like Kixx07, Ironmwoman and Ironman keep it clean between these folks camping trips :angry2:

grandman
September 18th, 2006, 09:57 AM
I cleaned up the west side of the lake a couple weeks ago .

Roadhouse
September 18th, 2006, 02:22 PM
I have a group of friends that used to camp up there alot. About every other weekend, just to get away. They had to clean up everyone else crap everytime the went. So they moved onto a new spot. They have little kids, and got tired of cleaning up the broken glass before they sat up camp.

Its a shame, it used to me a nice camping area.

Bult4mud
September 18th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Dunham Lake Before:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m170/Jeeperchick95/Snofo%20Prerun/IMG_0832.jpg

Dunham Lake after Sofo CleanUp

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m170/Jeeperchick95/Snofo%20Prerun/IMG_0843.jpg

Bult4mud
September 19th, 2006, 12:20 AM
If anyone is intrested we did find a vintage 8 track player out there slightly damaged but still worth its weight if you guys have the tapes for it