PDA

View Full Version : Can't attach file?

Renegade II
August 31st, 2006, 01:38 PM
When I want to add a file attachment to any of my replies the " Browse" part works ok and fills in the file name, but when I hit "Add this attachment" nothing happens?

Edit: It won't let me update my avitar either?

Deathdealer
August 31st, 2006, 03:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Renegade II &#064; Aug 31 2006, 01&#58;38 PM) 17106</div>

When I want to add a file attachment to any of my replies the " Browse" part works ok and fills in the file name, but when I hit "Add this attachment" nothing happens?

Edit: It won&#39;t let me update my avitar either?
[/b]

Look for an error message. I have found out that for security reasons it only allows attachments of certain file types.

Renegade II
August 31st, 2006, 05:03 PM
No error message either :( Just does nothing.

Renegade II
September 3rd, 2006, 10:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MuddyPaws &#064; Sep 2 2006, 11&#58;05 PM) 17160</div>

Your avatar file must be no larger than 320x320 and no bigger than 100k. It will not upload if it&#39;s bigger.

I don&#39;t know what&#39;s up with the attachment thing. Working on that.
[/b]

This is real weird, when I go to upload the new avitar it just changes the existing avitars size (HxW) to that of the one I&#39;m trying to upload. No problems on GL, Hum-V, CJ, etc... sites, just here :confused: Avitar size is ok and I can still create and load into the gallery.

Oh well, no one want&#39;s to look at my junk anyway :monkeydance:

Creative Fab
September 4th, 2006, 09:54 AM
I have the same problem, it will let me attach photo&#39;s after I upload when making a post. I put mine in the gallery and then linked the url. But I wanted to change my avatar and I couldnt. :ironman:

A fellow TCT members was also having trouble so I told him to add to the gallery and then link the url, so he did and his truck camper is now for sale with pics&#33;

Jarhead
September 5th, 2006, 09:43 AM
I changed my Avatar a few weeks ago. After trying a few times to do the swap, I couldn&#39;t figure out what I was doing differently from the times I changed it before with no issues. :confused: I hit "Refresh" after one of the uploads and viola it was working all along. :monkeydance:

Renegade II
September 5th, 2006, 01:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jarhead &#064; Sep 5 2006, 09&#58;43 AM) 17204</div>

I changed my Avatar a few weeks ago. After trying a few times to do the swap, I couldn&#39;t figure out what I was doing differently from the times I changed it before with no issues. :confused: I hit "Refresh" after one of the uploads and viola it was working all along. :monkeydance:
[/b]

Thank&#39;s for the input Jarhead, that did it. I still don&#39;t understand why it origionally just changed the size of the old avitar? Oh well if someone told me why I probably wouldn&#39;t understand anyway. :wacko:

Well that takes care of the avitar problem.

Edit: But not the attachment problem :(

Creative Fab
September 5th, 2006, 10:18 PM
I have been uploading to the gallery and then using the properties of that photo and adding the URL to the post. seems to be working that way but it takes forever.

Renegade II
September 6th, 2006, 01:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Sep 5 2006, 10&#58;18 PM) 17226</div>

I have been uploading to the gallery and then using the properties of that photo and adding the URL to the post. seems to be working that way but it takes forever.
[/b]

I was able to do it that way, but your right it takes forever........and it&#39;s not how it should work. I&#39;d hate to see anyone new want to show their pics running into this problem, then get discouraged and leave :(

WhiteRhino
September 6th, 2006, 03:45 PM
You guys are just a bunch of computer hacks&#33; :comp26:

Put your computer away and go wheelin&#33;

Renegade II
September 6th, 2006, 11:40 PM
I was just able to post a pic in the "attachment test" thread, no problems at all. :yourock:

I&#39;m glad it wasn&#39;t just me ---&#62; :stupid: