PDA

View Full Version : vacume lines

jeepguy74
July 26th, 2006, 10:29 PM
i have a 90 jeep wrangler with the 4.2 i have herd somewhere that you can delete alot of the vacum lines and wondering if anyone has done this or knows how to do it thanks for any help

ovr-ez
July 27th, 2006, 06:04 AM
I think you are talking about the Nutter bypass (John Nutter) try and do a search for that. I just put a Howell fuel injection on mine this past weekend and 2 boxes of wires, hoses, relays and other junk off mine and know it runs great.
Good Luck.

uncleedsjeep
August 3rd, 2006, 02:13 PM
Ahhhhhhhh Vac lines and emmission devices. I have a 88 yj 4.2. I pulled a lot of stuff off. Did the Nutter Bypass and replaced the carb with a FoMoCo 2 bbl. No more stall, great on really steep hills, good power, Good move. But have a plan before you just start to butcher the hoses. Some are kind of important, like the Dist Advance and feeds to the 4WD switches.

RubiYooper
August 16th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Hi, I installed a Ford / Motorcraft 2100 carb that came in a kit (rebuilt carb, spacer, mounting hardware, choke, and instructions) off eBay for $200. I was able to rip out nearly all my vacuum lines. My 88 YJ runs like a top!!!!! A guy handier than me probably could do it a lot cheaper. Only hang up is that I removed the vacuum line that actuated the front axle, so I ended up installing a Posi-lock which probably wasn't all that bad anyway. Good Luck!