PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake 7/22

WhiteRhino
July 21st, 2006, 01:21 PM
Heading over to the dunes with Ironman and Pookie. Just for Saturday. Any takers?

95geo
July 21st, 2006, 02:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Jul 21 2006, 01&#58;21 PM) 15952</div>

Heading over to the dunes with Ironman and Pookie. Just for Saturday. Any takers? :doah:
[/b]

ill be there the 28-30th.... your one weekend too soon :doah:

lgottler
July 21st, 2006, 11:07 PM
Didn&#39;t you just get back from down south&#33;? :D

WhiteRhino
July 23rd, 2006, 09:06 PM
Naw Bryce, you&#39;re one weekend too late&#33; :rolf:

And yes, we just got back from Windrock and Tellico. The whole time at Windrock as we were being showered with dust we were talking about how great it would be to be at the dunes where there is no dust and you can swim at your leisure.

Since we got home and the kids were going to the dunes and asked us along, we decided Thursday night that it was a good idea.

And............ yes it was. We had a great time.

Roadhouse
July 24th, 2006, 05:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Jul 23 2006, 09&#58;06 PM) 16023</div>

And yes, we just got back from Windrock and Tellico. The whole time at Windrock as we were being showered with dust we were talking about how great it would be to be at the dunes where there is no dust and you can swim at your leisure.

[/b]

Soooo what you are saying is that you would rather wheel the dunes than Tellico????? I guess I ask this question becuase the dunes have always bored me.

Creative Fab
July 24th, 2006, 05:39 PM
He didnt mean Tellico, but he did mean Windrock&#33;

We had a great time at Tellico, but while at Windrock eating dust we said that we would rather be soaking up sun and lake MI as well as some sand. Windrock needs to be a trip that is taken in the spring or fall, even winter for that matter. This would make it more enjoyable. THE SOUTH IS HOT AND HUMID IN JULY&#33; But Tellico is 15 degrees cooler than Windrock. (inside joke) It actually is cooler due to the numerous mountain streams and dense canopy.

We will be taking another trip to Tellico sometime soon but will probably leave the RV&#39;s at home and rent a cabin. Maybe a guy&#39;s weekend and hit the black diamond trails.

GerkTJ
July 24th, 2006, 07:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Jul 24 2006, 01&#58;39 PM) 16073</div>

We had a great time at Tellico, but while at Windrock eating dust we said that we would rather be soaking up sun and lake MI as well as some sand. Windrock needs to be a trip that is taken in the spring or fall, even winter for that matter. This would make it more enjoyable. THE SOUTH IS HOT AND HUMID IN JULY&#33; But Tellico is 15 degrees cooler than Windrock. (inside joke) It actually is cooler due to the numerous mountain streams and dense canopy.

We will be taking another trip to Tellico sometime soon but will probably leave the RV&#39;s at home and rent a cabin. Maybe a guy&#39;s weekend and hit the black diamond trails.
[/b]

Kinda off the subject but did you get your truck home yet?

Creative Fab
July 24th, 2006, 07:09 PM
"Kinda off the subject but did you get your truck home yet?"

Yes, I picked it up Friday morning at Vin Devers in Sylvania and drove it home unhooked the white whale and threw the pickup camper on and headed to the dunes. The truck runs just fine but we might be selling it and going to something else, maybe a toter home or something.

GerkTJ
July 24th, 2006, 08:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Jul 24 2006, 03&#58;09 PM) 16079</div>

"Kinda off the subject but did you get your truck home yet?"

Yes, I picked it up Friday morning at Vin Devers in Sylvania and drove it home unhooked the white whale and threw the pickup camper on and headed to the dunes. The truck runs just fine but we might be selling it and going to something else, maybe a toter home or something.
[/b]

That&#39;s good to hear&#33; Glad Vin Devers got you back on the road. If you or anybody ever needs help down on this end of the state just give me a shout&#33; Might not be a bad idea to come up with a member phone number list&#33; We all travel around the state and we never know when we may need help or just some local info.

Roadhouse
July 24th, 2006, 09:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Jul 24 2006, 05&#58;39 PM) 16073</div>

[/b]

Understood. I&#39;m not much of beach/water type person unless it involves boating/fishing. As much as I would luv an open top Jeep, I guess I have always enjoyed my A/C and windows on the Grand due to dust and bugs.

WhiteRhino
July 27th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Dunes versus Windrock............... Dunes.

Dunes versus Tellico............. Tellico when you can afford a 14 hour drive each way.