PDA

View Full Version : Dana 30 compatablity

Evil_E
July 17th, 2006, 01:30 PM
With all the books and resources available to me, I cannot find a deminsional listing for the axle shafts on a YJ vs. a TJ. I know that they are 27 spline and the YJ is reverse cut, but will TJ axle shafts fit in a YJ? Minus the disconnect

Also, guys that run Aussies or Lock-Rite in the front of TJ's without lockout hubs. Do you have any problems with the locker on the road?

Jeeperz-Creeperz
July 17th, 2006, 03:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Evil_E &#064; Jul 17 2006, 01&#58;30 PM) 15781</div>

With all the books and resources available to me, I cannot find a deminsional listing for the axle shafts on a YJ vs. a TJ. I know that they are 27 spline and the YJ is reverse cut, but will TJ axle shafts fit in a YJ? Minus the disconnect

Also, guys that run Aussies or Lock-Rite in the front of TJ&#39;s without lockout hubs. Do you have any problems with the locker on the road?
[/b]
TJ axles will fit the YJ. You&#39;ll have to replace the seal where the disconnect is.

I run a ZJ with a Lock-Right and have no problems with it at all.

joe_jeep
July 27th, 2006, 08:33 AM
i run a detroit ez locker in my dana 30 it is cheap and it works well off road, make a few clicks and pops but it works pretty well. dont even notice it on pavement in 2wd except for a nose from it now and then when turning at low speed.
im sure the aussie locker or lockright is similar. ive used mine for almost 5 years now with no problems.
im also pretty sure the tj shafts will fit a yj axle, you might ask ironman he might know for sure. good luck

Evil_E
July 27th, 2006, 05:13 PM
I&#39;m going to take YJ axle shafts and bore them out to fit the 5-760x U-joint.
:D

They are the same lock-up deminsion

joe_jeep
July 30th, 2006, 04:38 AM
i would think u could find tj factory shafts pretty cheap?? mabey save the small joint 2 pc shafts as spares. check evilbay or pirate