View Full Version : Bad night....

lgottler
September 20th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Well. tonight sucks.

Got a call at noon from friend saying that I need to get a flatbed truck out of his yard tonight or by tomorrow. I was planning on getting it at the end of the week. It was going to be his, he didn't want it, so I said I'd take it. He said I could keep it there for a while cuz he still needed to remove some parts off it he put on it. Apparently, he removed them, and then wanted it gone, NOW!

OK, make plans to head over there with my dad and get him to steer while I drag it to another friends house 1/2 way to its final destination.

Well, the steering sucks so bad my dad says he can't steer it.

So, my friend calls the towing company and gets them to pick it up and used his card and said I'll owe him. I just figured he would get a price ONLY and I would decide wether I would have it towed to its final resting place or 1/2 way there.

Anyways, its towed all the way to its final destination. I pay for it all.

Kicker is, I have another friend that said he could tow it for about 30 bucks on the weekend!!! and same friend had 2 car haulers I could borrow! aarrrggg!!

So 100 bucks out for a 2 dollar F350 with a blown engine. Now it sits in my shops driveway leaking oil. More headache!!

vent kinda over.

Lucas

WhiteRhino
September 21st, 2004, 06:40 AM
Lucas,
Sounds like you got a real "deal"!
Maybe you shoulda just given him a hundred bucks and hit your head against the wall. Ha!

JohnnyJ
September 21st, 2004, 10:28 AM
So is this a 4x4 F350 with a D60 front? If so, you're still gettting a good deal.

:D Always look on the bright side of life.. :D

lgottler
September 21st, 2004, 03:22 PM
Well, the plan right now is to rebuild the engine, new used rear tires, rattle can paint the cab, register it and use it to tow my Jeep with.

Its a 2 wheel drive....