PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy for Howell Engine EFI

MuddyPaws
July 8th, 2006, 02:00 AM
Just wanted to put my .02 in for these things. I have had the TBI kit on my 383 stroker for several years now and have had 0 trouble with is except having to drill out the idle cap and adjust the idle. I run a bigger cam and many more mods so it wanted to idle too low...PCM programming.

Anyway, it was by far the easiest EFI kit I have ever installed....I have done 7 after market kits and 2 "home brew" kits. The howell is way above the others. :bigemo_harabe_net-145:

You need one of these if you have a carb...stays runing on very steep side hills and no problems going up or down hills. It just rocks.

Group buy is located HERE (http://www.glfwda.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1891)

Thanks Brian!

Brian81CJ
July 8th, 2006, 11:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MuddyPaws &#064; Jul 8 2006, 02&#58;00 AM) 15468</div>

Just wanted to put my .02 in for these things. I have had the TBI kit on my 383 stroker for several years now and have had 0 trouble with is except having to drill out the idle cap and adjust the idle. I run a bigger cam and many more mods so it wanted to idle too low...PCM programming.

Anyway, it was by far the easiest EFI kit I have ever installed....I have done 7 after market kits and 2 "home brew" kits. The howell is way above the others. :bigemo_harabe_net-145:

You need one of these if you have a carb...stays runing on very steep side hills and no problems going up or down hills. It just rocks.

Group buy is located HERE (http://www.glfwda.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1891)

Thanks Brian&#33;
[/b]

Thank you for adding this Tim&#33;&#33; :thumb-up: I don&#39;t have any personal experience with this kit but everyone I talk to that has a Howell kit loves it. I&#39;ve researched a couple of the other kits out there and what I like about the Howell (besides them being a Michigan based company) is that they use all GM components. That will save a lot of hassle if something goes wrong and you need to find a new part.
I will be installing one on my CJ&#33; :thumb-up:
Ovr-ez (Joe) knows someone who recently installed one in their CJ 258 and is VERY VERY pleased with the performance of this kit&#33; Joe is putting one on his CJ too&#33;&#33;

Brian

MuddyPaws
July 9th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Yea, it&#39;s all stock type parts so you can stop in at any auto parts place and get a MAP sensor or an injector if you need one. Kits comes with a in-line fuel pump that runs quiet so no dropping of the tank is required.

All sensors are included including a knock sensor and 02. Now you would think that all kits would come with these things but they don&#39;t. Most of the TBI aftermarket kits run in open loop...basicly running on a pre-set fuel and spark curve. With the knock sensor and o2, the computer goes into closed loop and can adjust to different fuel types, take advantage of advancing the timing more while using better fuel and changes in altitude.

The harness is way cool. Best I have seen...even better than (dare I say) Painless. All wires have cool tags on them to tell you what they are....it comes with a small fuse box and the diagnostic data port for checking codes. Even has output for a check engine light.

Great kit. They can program it for "built" motors too. They had to program mine for the 383...did the prom and the ESC based on my displacement, compression and cam. Bill is a great guy (he&#39;s the owner) and he answered all of my questions about his kit.

ovr-ez
July 9th, 2006, 08:51 AM
I can&#39;t wait to get mine put on. :bigemo_harabe_net-110: So far every thing I have heard about it has been good.
Thanks Brian for putting together a group buy for this. :thumb-up:
Joe

GerkTJ
July 9th, 2006, 10:49 PM
I&#39;ve done 2 of their kits and they both worked great&#33; Michigan based was also great because I picked them up at their place and they were more than happy to answer any questions I had. I will use them again if I ever do another project.

ovr-ez
July 26th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Well I got my kit last Thursday and put it on this past weekend. The only regret that I have is that I didn&#39;t do this years ago. It is awesome&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; THANKS Brian for putting together this buy. I can&#39;t wait for DOA.
Joe

Ridgerunner
July 27th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Love my Howell kit too&#33; As a first timer doing an install, I found it pretty straight forward and well worth it.My 258 has never run better&#33;