PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the Rockport meeting in Big Rapids?

Trail_Fanatic
June 30th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Does anyone know exactly when and where yet?

I'm still planning to attend, if I know where to go.

Nvrenuf
July 1st, 2006, 08:55 AM
What is it?

kb8ymf
July 2nd, 2006, 12:36 AM
Paul M (signman) and Mark B (skip)are going.
Jim-kb8ymf

SKIP
July 2nd, 2006, 08:39 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kb8ymf &#064; Jul 2 2006, 12&#58;36 AM) 15348</div>

Paul M (signman) and Mark B (skip)are going.
Jim-kb8ymf
[/b]

I&#39;ll be there.
I&#39;m taking the laptop poolside today so I can do some homework for it.

lgottler
July 8th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Yeah, when and where is this ???

Lucas

Zookeeper
July 8th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Mark Burns went, as did Paul and Melanie Mulder. Unfortunately it was a waste of time since Rockport didn&#39;t come up at the meeting and Mark said a state guy informed him it&#39;s already state land again.

Waste of time might be a bit strong, because we still had a GLFWDA presence at the meeting and that helps, but I doubt it was worth the gas (diesel) and time Skip spent on the trip.

Yetti
September 10th, 2006, 07:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zookeeper &#064; Jul 8 2006, 07&#58;09 AM) 15473</div>

Mark Burns went, as did Paul and Melanie Mulder. Unfortunately it was a waste of time since Rockport didn&#39;t come up at the meeting and Mark said a state guy informed him it&#39;s already state land again.

Waste of time might be a bit strong, because we still had a GLFWDA presence at the meeting and that helps, but I doubt it was worth the gas (diesel) and time Skip spent on the trip.
[/b]

Hey guys is the Rock port issue the same one that is now being called up in Alpena?

Alpena Citizens Committee meeting Sept 19th @ 5:30

Sept.8th

It was in the Alpena News yesterday that the Citizens Committee for Michigan State Parks is going to be having a meeting in Alpena concerning what to do with 4300 acres of land at Rockport. I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on a good way to let them know we would like to be able to have ATV access on the land. There are really no trails to speak of in Alpena county and the county would benefit from having trails there. Should I get a petition going? Any Suggestions?

I appreciate any help in this. This area is starved for tourist dollars and lacks a quality trail system. If there is anything you guys need me to dig up let me know.

The meeting is September 19 @ 5:30 at the Great Lake Maritime Heritage Center Theater.[/b]

http://www.atvoffroad.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3531

drummond
September 10th, 2006, 08:14 PM
thanks for bringing this back up. hopefully someone can make the meeting&#33; this would be an awesome oppurtunity

kb8ymf
September 10th, 2006, 10:04 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(drummond &#064; Sep 10 2006, 08&#58;14 PM) 17414</div>

thanks for bringing this back up. hopefully someone can make the meeting&#33; this would be an awesome oppurtunity
[/b]

Yes it is, BUT, this meeting appears to be a &#39;Citizens Comittee&#39; , i.e. &#39;voice of the community&#39; and doubt that it will have any DNR officials there. However, as with all things political we need to get on the community&#39;s side and see if they support such a development. If we can&#39;t get their support it may be along up hill battle to get anything there for ORV, ATV, ORM RUV receration.
The problem is, the 19th conflicts with GLFWDA Gitchee Gumee event up in Canada. Most of the active members are going to be heading up or will already be there.
So, yes we need to be there to test the waters and see if the community would support such a developement but I don&#39;t know of anyone that has stepped forward yet to attend on our GL&#39;s behalf
To many places to be and so few to cover them all.
jim-kb8ymf

SKIP
September 11th, 2006, 06:38 AM
I will check @ work & see about getting out early that day.
It&#39;s about 4 1/2 hours from Auburn Hills.

I wish Mr. Young was still around...

:WhiteRhino: :WhiteRhino: :WhiteRhino: