PDA

View Full Version : The VOICE

Trail_Fanatic
June 16th, 2006, 10:30 PM
The Voice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has everyone received their Voice from United?

I was disappointed that we missed the deadline for this issue , but the Two Trackers should be in the next one for their NFS Clean Up.

I think EVERYONE should take a look at Carla Boucher's article on page 4.

What she's talking about could mean the death of, or SERIOUSLY affect my Club's:

Snow Fest

St. Patty's Day

Trail Clean Up

Board BBQ Run

Baldwin

Colorful Cadillac

and

Toys for Tots

THAT'S HALF of OUR CALENDAR!

-Not to mention ALL of those GREAT trails that don't end up as part of a run (so we don't have Data readily available) and aren't part of the NFS' current map either.

If people want to try to save ANY of our trails, I'm willing to handle the 'legal speak' end of it, but I can't POSSIBLY gather the data. Heck, I don't even own a GPS, I always just memorized the trail system as I went.

This is right in with the 25% More Trails Bill that just passed in the State.
Now we need your GPS Data of State and Private land trails for that Bill, AND your GPS Data on NFS lands for this.

I guess you might as well just send it ALL in and let us sort out what needs to go to whom. Just PLEASE . . .

SEND IN YOUR DATA!

Jarhead
June 18th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Jim (kb8ymf) has tried to collect from the masses here on the web site.

timbercruiser
June 18th, 2006, 03:30 PM
I'll try to give you the info on St. Ignace District of Hiawatha. The geography is similar to Drummond. The main problem is that they gravel all their logging roads and don't leave many "unimproved" trails.

Trail_Fanatic
June 19th, 2006, 06:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jarhead &#064; Jun 18 2006, 10&#58;01 AM) 14980</div>

Jim (kb8ymf) has tried to collect from the masses here on the web site.
[/b]

I&#39;ll have to email him.

I have a guy in the TT who&#39;s willing to compile/ convert everything into a Garmin compatable format.
He&#39;s also learning &#39;ARCView&#39;. This is the government&#39;s mapping software, so we&#39;ll someday be able to speak &#39;their&#39; language (Map-to-Map).

If Jim&#39;d be up for some help with it all.

Pat B

kb8ymf
June 19th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Pat, I have a few hard copy maps from the guys in GL. <10 mile I would predict. Kim and I will try to run down so NFS roads this fall. I&#39;ll get with you to find out what has/has not been done so we don&#39;t dup efforts.
At the moment I&#39;m spending every waking hour behind a welding mask or bridgeport and lathe. Trying to get the rig done for United Convention and Windrock. Not sure I&#39;ll make it though.
j=kb8mf