PDA

View Full Version : zippers

reddeviltj
June 7th, 2006, 11:23 AM
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]I know, it's not a real interesting topic, but, my zippers are giving me grief. I've cleaned them and still can't get them to work well enough to open up those plastic windows. I'm having the most trouble going around the curves on the back window. What cleans them and gets the crust off the zipper pull? I remember seeing something somewhere, but, can't remember.

WhiteRhino
June 7th, 2006, 01:37 PM
I occasionally lubricate mine with WD40 or something similar. I have also used block wax with good results.

Renegade II
June 7th, 2006, 01:48 PM
I've blown them out with the airgun and used soap for lube. It seemed to work ok...back when I had a real top

Jarhead
June 7th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Bar Soap or a Silcone Spray. WD40 contains graphite and will leave excess residue.

Zookeeper
June 7th, 2006, 06:07 PM
There's a Mopar zipper cleaner that comes with a cleaning brush on the bottle and the cleaner/lube seems to do a good job. Also, sometimes just using a carabiner on mine to help get leverage when bringing the zipper around the corners helps a lot.

Deathdealer
June 8th, 2006, 09:54 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zookeeper &#064; Jun 7 2006, 06&#58;07 PM) 14782</div>

There&#39;s a Mopar zipper cleaner that comes with a cleaning brush on the bottle and the cleaner/lube seems to do a good job. Also, sometimes just using a carabiner on mine to help get leverage when bringing the zipper around the corners helps a lot.
[/b]

I do the same thing as Ari with the carabiner. You can get them everywhere.

I use Lemon Pledge to lubricate the zippers.