PDA

View Full Version : Trail Report Forum

SquattingDog
September 14th, 2004, 11:29 AM
All:
What are your thoughs on adding a "Trail Reports" forum. I have notes from trails I have been on and I would like a common place to share them. The forum would be organized by trails, meaning St. Helen would have its own topic. The badlands with its own. It could become a great repository for new and experienced off-roa enthusiasts to learn oub trail they plan on trying.

-frank

brewmenn
September 14th, 2004, 11:36 AM
I think that'd be great. Just make sure it has the appropriate disclaimers about using the information at thier own risk and nothing said should constitute permission to go to a certian area. We'd also have to watch it closely to make sure everything that was posted was completely legal.

SquattingDog
September 14th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by brewmenn@Sep 14 2004, 11:36 AM
I think that'd be great. Just make sure it has the appropriate disclaimers about using the information at thier own risk and nothing said should constitute permission to go to a certian area. We'd also have to watch it closely to make sure everything that was posted was completely legal.
Anybody else ??? I will bring this up at the next quarterly.

-frank

kerryann
September 14th, 2004, 05:34 PM
I like it. I think it might also be helpful to have the ability to upload scanned maps.

T-way
September 15th, 2004, 12:15 AM
It's a good idea!

And I concur with what Bruce said!

SquattingDog
September 15th, 2004, 09:39 AM
I emailed Pat... If he says create it I will. This board is exciting, we can make things happen quickly. Nothing against MJ but, it would take months to get a new forum added.

-frank

yogi
September 15th, 2004, 10:05 AM
very good ideaguys with gps can give qaordanice to others also

yogi

WhiteRhino
September 15th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Might want to add an "estimated" rating based on the GL trail rating system.
IE: recommended tire size, winch, lockers, etc.

Also, an estimate of run time based on a certain number of properly equipped rigs. (this pertains more to Canada)