PDA

View Full Version : Great time in Cananda!

Creative Fab
May 7th, 2006, 09:48 PM
We had a blast this past weekend up in Canada! Great trails, great guys, a lot of food!

When are we doing it again? oh yea, Sept.

We have a new trail added to our repertoire for GG, as well as a new obstacle for the rock crawlers at heart! Be sure to get your registration in early for GG this year! My reservations have been made for the campground at Blue Berry!

And dont forget to tell Keith the next time you see him, to try and keep the rubber side down :bigemo_harabe_net-01:

Roadhouse
May 7th, 2006, 10:15 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Roadhouse66/Smilies/worthless.gif

Creative Fab
May 7th, 2006, 11:28 PM
pics will be up tommorrow!

Jarhead
May 8th, 2006, 05:43 AM
There are some definitely CRAZY Pictures; it looks like you all had a fantastic time (wish I could have been there!). As a side note: anyone considering doing GG for the first time this September will have a number of options when it comes to type of trails to be driven, everything from mild and lazy to wild and crazy. GG Registration will be in the upcoming Boondocker, get it in early and reserve your spot.

Ridgerunner
May 8th, 2006, 06:30 AM
What an Awsome time! Thanks Bobby & Vic for putting on a great weekend of wheelin.
It was great wheelin with everyone as a first timer to that area. Cant wait for GG in the fall.

WhiteRhino
May 8th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Had a great time! Many thanks to Vic and Bobby for their great planning. I got up at about 5:30 Saturday morning and there they were, cutting up stuff for the morning omlettes. :thumb-up:

It was defiinitely one of my best wheeling trips ever.

Tough for T-way but he stuck out the rest of the day like a trooper.

And to top it off, it looks like we have a new trail to clear & explore!

Thanks again guys.

mtnbiker5
May 8th, 2006, 07:33 AM
best Canada trip ever thanks guys!!!

looks like I pick the better day to ride shotgun in the Sami??
better to get a face full of mud than roll???
well maybe not..............

Brian

calvynandhobbs
May 8th, 2006, 08:11 AM
The pics are great. One of these days I'm going to make it to Canada for a run.

Roger

Timberwolf
May 8th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks going out to all the guys that came up.
Everyone was great to be with.
Yes, T-way had the worst of luck, but even he stuck it out for the entire day. I'm sure he was damp, cold, and not to comfortable. What a trooper indeed!

I said more than once, that I was impressed with all the cooperation, and comradery during the quad rescue, trail repairs, trail clearing, roll-over recovery, and obsticle overcoming in general.

Everyone there contributed to one of the best trips I've ever had.

Sorry, I took no pictures at all. I can't wait to see everyone elses!

The one of Keith and I crossing the river with Dave's quad in the back of the Sami is just an indication of the creativity that can be found on a run with guys that are this dedicated to making the best of any situation.

Thanks again,
Vic

lgottler
May 8th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Definitely one of the best wheeling weekends!

Even though I missed out on 95% of the first trail because of engine trouble, I ended up not thinking I missed any time at all wheeling.

A huge THANK YOU to Vic and Bobby for the cooking! Sure beat my cold cereal I usually have!

I have about 6 pictures, all kinda boring! I too require! the video, or at least get to see it at the Quarterly...

Lucas

Creative Fab
May 8th, 2006, 12:34 PM
I will try to get the video burnt to DVD quickly, then I will send them out via the postal service to all of you that want one.

Tim, I do not know how to put up vid caps online so when you recieve your copy could you post a smidgen of it? Maybe your wheels up action!

Once again, AWSOME time!!!!!!!!!!!!

WhiteRhino
May 8th, 2006, 01:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; May 8 2006, 12&#58;34 PM) 13829</div>

I will try to get the video burnt to DVD quickly, then I will send them out via the postal service to all of you that want one.

Tim, I do not know how to put up vid caps online so when you recieve your copy could you post a smidgen of it? Maybe your wheels up action&#33;

Once again, AWSOME time&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
[/b]

What, just HIS wheels up action? :Ironman:

95geo
May 8th, 2006, 01:54 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; May 8 2006, 01&#58;32 PM) 13832</div>

[/b]

whats the story behind the multiple wheelstands? :wow:

kb8ymf
May 8th, 2006, 02:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95geo &#064; May 8 2006, 01&#58;54 PM) 13833</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; May 8 2006, 01&#58;32 PM) 13832

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

WhiteRhinos is more of a &#39;pirouette&#39; than a wheel stand. With all the vid&#39;s out and rolling and being the last one up, he had to top them all....and did&#33;

But heck with the wheelstands........I wanna see the video AND audio of the &#39;drowning&#39; of the T-way&#39;s quad from Pat K&#39;s perspective&#33; and I think Pat K even has the slo-roll of Keith and Dave in the Sammy.

Let&#39;s get the videos coming.........

j-kb8ymf

WhiteRhino
May 8th, 2006, 03:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95geo &#064; May 8 2006, 01&#58;54 PM) 13833</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; May 8 2006, 01&#58;32 PM) 13832

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Bryce, you are familiar with the grapfruit boulder hill where you topped me once last year and a couple axles were broken on the following night run that you rode with me.

I was tailgunning and the rocks got moved around some. Everyone could get their front tires over the hole that YOU DUG but not the rears. I hit it on the left side & when the rear tires hit the hole I bumped it pretty hard. Bounced up and to the right, took another bounce and went 3 wheels in the air with the right rear only on the ground.

A SUCCESSFUL CLIMB&#33; :thumb-up:

I think the other wheels up was directly prior when muddypaws got some front tire action at the same spot.

95geo
May 8th, 2006, 04:19 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; May 8 2006, 03&#58;40 PM) 13836</div>

[/b]

thats all that matters&#33; (well that and not breaking)

so your saying the hill is a little more challenging than it was last year? 2nd gear? :bigemo_harabe_net-110:

WhiteRhino
May 8th, 2006, 04:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95geo &#064; May 8 2006, 04&#58;19 PM) 13838</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; May 8 2006, 03&#58;40 PM) 13836

[/b]

so your saying the hill is a little more challenging than it was last year? 2nd gear? :bigemo_harabe_net-110:
[/b][/quote]

The first 3 or so drove right up without spinning a tire. As long as the winter leaves stayed on, there was traction. Then along came Keith with open difs & not much HP. Once he started spinning, it got all greased up and nobody make it after that. (except me :haha: )

mtnbiker5
May 8th, 2006, 05:48 PM
nice&#33;&#33;&#33; everything else ok in there??

Roadhouse
May 8th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Tim thats is for sure a problem.

Pat I want a copy of the DVD. I&#39;ll bring you a blank dvd to burn it to.

sorry just reread my post a day later and realized I said black instead of blank.........doh&#33;

keithshotrodshop
May 8th, 2006, 09:02 PM
I really enjoyed that trip. Bobby and Vic did a great time putting everything together&#33; If you do a video, I&#39;ll take one for sure, as long as it doesn&#39;t have Bobby&#39;s :Ironman:

WhiteRhino
May 8th, 2006, 09:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keithshotrodshop &#064; May 8 2006, 09&#58;02 PM) 13844</div>

I really enjoyed that trip. Bobby and Vic did a great time putting everything together&#33; If you do a video, I&#39;ll take one for sure, as long as it doesn&#39;t have Bobby&#39;s :Ironman:
[/b]

I double that statement&#33; :wow:

Tim, was that the inner or outer shaft?

Creative Fab
May 8th, 2006, 10:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; May 8 2006, 03&#58;30 PM) 13839</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95geo &#064; May 8 2006, 04&#58;19 PM) 13838

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

The first 3 or so drove right up without spinning a tire. As long as the winter leaves stayed on, there was traction. Then along came Keith with open difs & not much HP. Once he started spinning, it got all greased up and nobody make it after that. (except me :haha: )
[/b][/quote]

Dont get such a big head there chief&#33; :blink: I was the one who imediately followed Keith, and I made it up just fine thank you very much :Ironman:

Ridgerunner
May 9th, 2006, 06:56 AM
[quote]
Actually it was Carl&#39;s fault....he moved a few rocks with his big Iroks :rolf:

Gee, Does that mean I get a little credit for giving White Rhino the ride of the weekend :rolf:
Maybee next time with a little lower air pressure and the front tires mounted the right direction those IROCS
wont make such a mess of things. Nice climb Jim&#33;

WhiteRhino
May 9th, 2006, 07:37 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; May 8 2006, 10&#58;25 PM) 13848</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; May 8 2006, 03&#58;30 PM) 13839

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95geo &#064; May 8 2006, 04&#58;19 PM) 13838

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Dont get such a big head there chief&#33; :blink: I was the one who imediately followed Keith, and I made it up just fine thank you very much :Ironman:
[/b][/quote]

Pat, you handled it so cool that it just totallyslipped my mind&#33; LOL :rolf:

Sorry for stealing part of your thunder.

HEY EVERYONE, PAT CRUISED RIGHT UP EASIER THAN ME. :thumb-up:

That hill looks pretty easy in the pic. :haha:

timbercruiser
May 9th, 2006, 08:51 AM
It was a great weekend. Professional. That&#39;s what I saw and experienced. From the recoveries to the field fixes, everyone pitched in and got the job done.

In spite of my apparent "Jonah" status, you guys still kept me around&#33;&#33;

( I was not in Strader&#39;s Jeep when it broke&#33;&#33;&#33;)

I look forward to wheeling the new trail&#33;&#33;&#33;

Timberwolf
May 9th, 2006, 11:58 AM
We definately heard a loud "SNAP" from your right front&#33;
Vince and I were right next to it. We looked for a broken joint. Joint was OK so we figured it was the slide colar in the axle disconnect. Didn&#39;t figure the colar would hold and the shaft would break&#33;

Yes, that grapefruit hill is way tougher than it looks. Especially after 95Geo moved a few rocks last year&#33;
WhiteRhino actually bounced on his right rear sidewall only&#33; Thus the "pirouette" comment. The Sami came close to a back flip, I think.

Great weekend&#33;

Put mw down for a DVD. I&#39;ll pay.

Zookeeper
May 9th, 2006, 05:14 PM
...he moved some rocks with his big Iroks...

...Yes, that grapefruit hill is way tougher than it looks. Especially after 95Geo dug it up last year&#33;...

[/b]

Not to rain on everyone&#39;s parade -- but comments like this are a goldmine for the environmentalists looking to shut us down at every turn. Sure you were in Canada and wheeling in a legal manner. But there are those who think this is what you want to do to Michigan&#39;s landscape -- muck it up and dig it up and tear it apart from its natural state.

I guess I&#39;ll stir up a hornet&#39;s nest with this post, but that&#39;s too bad. You can&#39;t preach "tread lightly" then post pics and comments like the ones in this thread without making people wonder what our real intentions are out in the backwoods of Michigan.

We won&#39;t get access to more land in Michigan if we can&#39;t practice what we preach about Tread Lightly. Now, if the reality is slightly different than the way the excited story-telling is making it out to be, that&#39;s OK. But remember, reality is 90 percent perception.

lgottler
May 9th, 2006, 07:07 PM
The trails up there change every year with or without us. Look at PIW&#33; A year after we ran it we couldn&#39;t find it&#33; 2 years later, we found it and the woods nearly took it over completely&#33; If you didn&#39;t know where it was, you wouldn&#39;t find it&#33;

This trail is actually the road&#33;&#33; It was simply washed out by a nearby river combined with a very determined beaver&#33;
http://eup.k12.mi.us/~tstrader/may-canada/images/STA73134.jpg

And this is what a newly created powerline does....all our trails in the entire US pale in comparison to this single tract created by some tractors...
http://eup.k12.mi.us/~tstrader/may-canada/images/STA73131.jpg

Creative Fab
May 9th, 2006, 08:06 PM
It is hard to be PC when you are telling a wheeling story, I will go change "mucked it up" to moved a few rocks to a slightly different place. Because that is actually what he meant.

Keep in mind these trails are all legally open for travel&#33; These are exactly the trails we want here in MI&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

So in essence the Greenies have all ready gotten you where they want you, being afraid to post pics of legal trails and then if you do use politicaly correct language to describe them.

I can see your concern, but I refuse to let the greenies dictate my right to enjoy my chosen sport and then describe it on our own forum, complete with pics.

As far as Tread Lightly is concerned, we followed it to a T&#33;

lgottler
May 9th, 2006, 09:23 PM
I find it hard to believe the only computer literate person in GL that went on this trip was Tim&#33;&#33;&#33;

Where are the rest of the pics? (at least I admit mine stunk&#33;)

And WHO? is going to write me up something for the Boondocker&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;???

Lucas

WhiteRhino
May 9th, 2006, 09:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lgottler &#064; May 9 2006, 09&#58;23 PM) 13875</div>

I find it hard to believe the only computer literate person in GL that went on this trip was Tim&#33;&#33;&#33;

Where are the rest of the pics? (at least I admit mine stunk&#33;)

And WHO? is going to write me up something for the Boondocker&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;???

Lucas
[/b]

I didn&#39;t take any pics so I can&#39;t offer anything.

I think that Vic should write an article based upon his perspective of the event he and Bobby planned.

Regarding the PC aspect, there is a road that was freshly redone last year for power line maintenance. Now that the power companies are done with it, it is nearly impassible with a conventional vehicle. This is caused purely by the water runoff down the side of the mountain. Most every video you see of any challenge area on TV or by mail order shows people moving rocks either by their tires or by hand to assist a stuck vehicle. That is the reality of the sport and we must admit that to ourselves that it can not be avoided. Until a person has traveled on the Canadian back roads, it is hard to understand that the damage done by a 4x4 is miniature compared to what is done with their heavy equipment.

cvcjeep86
May 9th, 2006, 10:58 PM
more photoshttp://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/cvcjeep86/spring06068.jpghttp://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/cvcjeep86/spring06029.jpghttp://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/cvcjeep86/spring06011.jpghttp://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/cvcjeep86/spring06003.jpghttp://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/cvcjeep86/spring06004.jpghttp://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/cvcjeep86/spring06132.jpghttp://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/cvcjeep86/spring06093.jpg

Zookeeper
May 10th, 2006, 06:33 AM
OK, gang, I&#39;m not saying we hang our heads and tuck our tails in and let the greenies win. In no way did I mean to imply that we give up on bringing 4-wheeling like you did in Canada to Michigan. Heck, I&#39;m going to GG this year and am looking forward to being able to play in 4WD without looking over my shoulder for a CO with a ticket book.

My comments weren&#39;t meant to be accusatory, I was trying to make a point and at the very least this is a very good discussion to have. (MuddyPaws, I agree about changing people&#39;s posts...I don&#39;t agree with people using editing power in that way and plan on putting it on the E-Board agenda as I&#39;d like to see the practice banned unless "due to extraordinary circumstances.")

This discussion should continue because I think it is a good one.

White Rhino said the heavy equipment does a lot more damage in Canada than the Jeeps do. Well, that&#39;s absolutely true about Michigan, too. The difference is the guys with the heavy equipment get to hide behind buzz words like "economic development" and "public good." We need our own buzz words&#33; That&#39;s why we need to be more active in local chambers of commerce, why we need to do a better job of promoting the good things we do (like trail maintenance by GLFWDA or the clean-up in the west by Two Trackers), and why we need to hammer home the positive economic impact Michigan and visiting off-roaders could have in Michigan if they were allowed to come here and spend their money to enjoy their sport.

Ironman and MuddyPaws, you both made good points about if we have to be politically correct and can&#39;t post great pics and fun descriptions on our own Web site than the greenies have already won. I guess I look at things in too jaded a manner sometimes given my day job. I always see things as how they can be turned and twisted and used against the person saying it. (Ain&#39;t politics grand?)

Maybe my initial post was too inflammatory. I didn&#39;t mean to say don&#39;t post this stuff, just think about how to put a more positive spin on the whole thing. Sure, let&#39;s talk about the mud flying and getting stuck and helping each other out -- because that&#39;s great. But when we do these trips, can we also have some comments about how much money we spent in Canada? I know it&#39;s not as fun or sexy, but if you don&#39;t TELL the whole story, then you run the risk of people never HEARING the whole story.

:Ari:

Ridgerunner
May 10th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Here&#39;s a few more shots.what a great time&#33;

[attachmentid=329]
[attachmentid=328]
[attachmentid=327]
[attachmentid=326]
[attachmentid=325]
[attachmentid=324]

95geo
May 10th, 2006, 08:29 AM
please watch these videos if you feel what was done/said was questionable:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3997304738377042391&q=land+r

the other video is in this thread: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread....=russian+videos (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416488&highlight=russian+videos)

Creative Fab
May 10th, 2006, 09:06 AM
When I editied the posts it was only to prove a point&#33; My apoligies if I offended anyone&#33;

No matter what you write it does not change the fact that our sport is what it is. There will be changes to the trail bed after we traverse it with a few of our 4x4&#39;s. No avoiding that, treading lightly will not change that fact either. We are allowed on an extremely tiny sliver of public land to use our trucks, the same as the horse people and mountain bikers.

Their linear trails change also as each rider cruises over the top of them, so the reallity is that no matter what you do on public land it will effect the landscape to a certain degree. At some point we need to worry less about the greenies think of us (they dont like ANYONE outside) and let the communities we recreate in know we are contributing to their local economy&#33; Which was one of Ari&#39;s points and I am just reiterating it.

Zookeeper
May 10th, 2006, 09:29 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95geo &#064; May 10 2006, 04&#58;29 AM) 13894</div>

please watch these videos if you feel what was done/said was questionable:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=39...042391&q=land+r (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3997304738377042391&q=land+r)

the other video is in this thread: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread....=russian+videos (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416488&highlight=russian+videos)
[/b]

What&#39;s your point Bryce? I never suggested the Canada run was anything like those Russian videos. :unsure:

Creative Fab
May 10th, 2006, 09:29 AM
a few more pics, and like Tim, none of Me :WhiteRhino:
Also, the video made it into the computer last night so were are one step closer to having it produced&#33;

Zookeeper
May 10th, 2006, 09:32 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; May 10 2006, 05&#58;06 AM) 13895</div>

Their linear trails change also as each rider cruises over the top of them, so the reallity is that no matter what you do on public land it will effect the landscape to a certain degree.
[/b]

Agreed&#33; But mountain bikers and horse riders don&#39;t seem to have the same negative image we do. So, what can we do as an association to help change the public image?

The manufacturers certainly aren&#39;t doing their part when you watch the advertising for 4WD vehicles. In fact, they are doing us a disservice with the public.

I didn&#39;t mean to start a fight here, just get a healthy discussion going about the public relations end of this sport. We can&#39;t spend all our time worrying about the greenies whose minds we will never change. What I&#39;m arguing for is a way to convince the public and the fringe environmentalists, and we need ammunition to do this because the greenies are loaded for bear&#33;

:ph34r:

95geo
May 10th, 2006, 09:47 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zookeeper &#064; May 10 2006, 09&#58;29 AM) 13896</div>

What&#39;s your point Bryce? I never suggested the Canada run was anything like those Russian videos. :unsure:
[/b]

theres much higher profile sites that have much worse on them.

WhiteRhino
May 10th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Some really fast numbers without breaking down great detail.

We had 9 rigs x 2 guys = 18. I paid about &#036;75 for lodging and since some camped & went home early, I will put in &#036;50 each.

Lodging; &#036;900

I spent over &#036;300 in gas. Some would be less, some more. figure &#036;250 x 9 rigs = &#036;2250 This should be left out of the local economy since most gas was bought in Michigan.

I ate at the local joint 2 nights at &#036;15 per night = &#036;30 x 18 guys = &#036;500 minimum

So, on a quick note, we spent around &#036;1400 within the local economy. At the same time, the Swamp Stompers had about 20 rigs. Figure the same money & all told, we brought somewhere close to &#036;4500 into a depressed region in one weekend.

THIS IS THE MESSAGE THAT NEEDS TO GET TO THE LOCAL COMMUNITIES&#33;

The damage/ erosion that is done is one of the reasons we need DEDICATED CHALLENGE AREAS. In this way it gets contained and can be justified under economy. Just like gravel pits, strip malls, power lines, sports arenas (the silverdome used to be a great scramble area), airports (many are built in swampy areas), etc, etc, etc destroy the original landscape.

Zookeeper
May 10th, 2006, 10:36 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; May 10 2006, 06&#58;08 AM) 13901</div>

Some really fast numbers without breaking down great detail.

We had 9 rigs x 2 guys = 18. I paid about &#036;75 for lodging and since some camped & went home early, I will put in &#036;50 each.

Lodging; &#036;900

I spent over &#036;300 in gas. Some would be less, some more. figure &#036;250 x 9 rigs = &#036;2250 This should be left out of the local economy since most gas was bought in Michigan.

I ate at the local joint 2 nights at &#036;15 per night = &#036;30 x 18 guys = &#036;500 minimum

So, on a quick note, we spent around &#036;1400 within the local economy. At the same time, the Swamp Stompers had about 20 rigs. Figure the same money & all told, we brought somewhere close to &#036;4500 into a depressed region in one weekend.

THIS IS THE MESSAGE THAT NEEDS TO GET TO THE LOCAL COMMUNITIES&#33;

The damage/ erosion that is done is one of the reasons we need DEDICATED CHALLENGE AREAS. In this way it gets contained and can be justified under economy. Just like gravel pits, strip malls, power lines, sports arenas (the silverdome used to be a great scramble area), airports (many are built in swampy areas), etc, etc, etc destroy the original landscape.
[/b]

This is good stuff Jim. :thumb-up:

As we rework our GLFWDA brochure, maybe we should include a section on positive economic impact.

SKIP
May 10th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Everyone please keep in mind that Ari is with us, not against us.

He deals with politics everyday. Impressions to the rest of the world are important.
So don&#39;t jump on his back. He isn&#39;t being a fun governor.

Perception is key... :WhiteRhino: :WhiteRhino: :WhiteRhino:

On a lighter note, I might need a seat for GG. I can&#39;t see my vertically challenged Jeep growing up enough by the time GG gets here... :huh:

Jarhead
May 10th, 2006, 12:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SKIP &#064; May 10 2006, 12&#58;15 PM) 13907</div>

On a lighter note, I might need a seat for GG. I can&#39;t see my vertically challenged Jeep growing up enough by the time GG gets here... :huh:
[/b]

Care to ride in a Hummer? :bigemo_harabe_net-110:

Be nice now... :rolf:

phittie1100
May 10th, 2006, 12:36 PM

[/b]

Somewhere there was mention that GG would also provide opportunities for the under 33"/no lockers/no winch crowd I think.

WhiteRhino
May 10th, 2006, 12:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phittie1100 &#064; May 10 2006, 12&#58;36 PM) 13911</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SKIP &#064; May 10 2006, 12&#58;15 PM) 13907

[/b]

Somewhere there was mention that GG would also provide opportunities for the under 33"/no lockers/no winch crowd I think.
[/b][/quote]

That&#39;s right........... the Hummer is leading that run&#33; :thumb-up:

Jarhead
May 10th, 2006, 02:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; May 10 2006, 12&#58;45 PM) 13912</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phittie1100 &#064; May 10 2006, 12&#58;36 PM) 13911

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

That&#39;s right........... the Hummer is leading that run&#33; :thumb-up:
[/b][/quote]

You gotta figure if I can make it, anyone can :Roadhouse:

Roadhouse
May 10th, 2006, 09:42 PM

[/b]

Hummm.....you provide the tow rig....cough, cough "red Dodge Cummins dually"...cough, cough. I can hopefully provide the open passenger seat. This is all based on the fact that I have enough &#036;&#036;&#036; for Ironman Offroad to build my Jeep this summer.

Shoboy
May 10th, 2006, 11:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phittie1100 &#064; May 10 2006, 12&#58;36 PM) 13911</div>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Last year was my first time. I got an 04 tj with 2" spacer lift, rubi springs(from mntbkr) and 33x9.5x15 ALL TERRAINS. Yes, you read that right, 33&#39;s that are 9.5 wide, and they are all terrains. I only had to get pulled 1 time, and that was because I decided to drive over a tree that the bigger jeep in front of me got stuck on ;) I ran PIW and trussle trail. Even though I gave Tway a bunch of **** on the trail, and yes, I was "Scared" at a few spots cause I was a rookie, i made it thru with no probs, once I got some balls and stopped crying&#33;&#33;&#33;

I also got open diffs.

And on the PIW trail with Lucas, I was one of the 2-3 guys who did NOT have to get pulled up the last hill. Rubi&#39;s and built yj/tj&#39;s with lockers got stuck, I got up w/o help. Now I also went balls-to-the-walls and should have destroyed something going up that hill........but I got up that damn hill&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I&#39;m buying a winch from jeeperz-creeperz next week, but everything else should be the same.
Superwinch 9000 epi, or E something I............

Jarhead
May 11th, 2006, 05:28 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shoboy &#064; May 10 2006, 11&#58;09 PM) 13930</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phittie1100 &#064; May 10 2006, 12&#58;36 PM) 13911

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Last year was my first time. I got an 04 tj with 2" spacer lift, rubi springs(from mntbkr) and 33x9.5x15 ALL TERRAINS. Yes, you read that right, 33&#39;s that are 9.5 wide, and they are all terrains. I only had to get pulled 1 time, and that was because I decided to drive over a tree that the bigger jeep in front of me got stuck on ;) I ran PIW and trussle trail. Even though I gave Tway a bunch of **** on the trail, and yes, I was "Scared" at a few spots cause I was a rookie, i made it thru with no probs, once I got some balls and stopped crying&#33;&#33;&#33;

I also got open diffs.

And on the PIW trail with Lucas, I was one of the 2-3 guys who did NOT have to get pulled up the last hill. Rubi&#39;s and built yj/tj&#39;s with lockers got stuck, I got up w/o help. Now I also went balls-to-the-walls and should have destroyed something going up that hill........but I got up that damn hill&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I&#39;m buying a winch from jeeperz-creeperz next week, but everything else should be the same.
Superwinch 9000 epi, or E something I............
[/b][/quote]

After reading this, it sounds like an opportunity. Shoot Skip, after riding your right front fender at DOA last year and watching you wheel - you can handle it. :thumb-up:

cvcjeep86
May 12th, 2006, 11:47 PM
tim jeephttp://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/cvcjeep86/spring06029.jpg http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/cvcjeep86/spring06008.jpghttp://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/cvcjeep86/e509dd02.jpg :thumb-up: :Ironman:

WhiteRhino
May 13th, 2006, 07:53 AM
That&#39;s just Bobby. :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

You should see him when he&#39;s actually confused. :haha: :bigemo_harabe_net-145:

Timberwolf
May 13th, 2006, 09:20 AM
And I was thinking that Bobby had just made some great wise and intellectual observation that Karl found amusing, yet so perplexing that he couldn&#39;t remember which pockets to keep his hands warm in. :wow:

Ridgerunner
May 13th, 2006, 09:46 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timberwolf &#064; May 13 2006, 09&#58;20 AM) 14045</div>

And I was thinking that Bobby had just made some great wise and intellectual observation that Karl found amusing, yet so perplexing that he couldn&#39;t remember which pockets to keep his hands warm in. :wow:
[/b]

naa,I wasn&#39;t cold I was just lookin for my keys to see if Kieth wanted to trade the sami&#33; My Kids loved
watchin that thing on the video. :rolf:

Timberwolf
May 13th, 2006, 11:29 AM
:rolf: :rolf:

Nice recovery Karl&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

By the way, that Sami was cool, but I wouldn&#39;t be looking to get rid of your Jeep any time soon.

I don&#39;t think I told you how much I liked it.

Love that Flowmaster Sound&#33;&#33;&#33;

Vic

cvcjeep86
May 13th, 2006, 03:44 PM
dont pick on Bob look at these guys http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/cvcjeep86/spring06012.jpg :haha: :rolf:

Zookeeper
May 14th, 2006, 10:57 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MuddyPaws &#064; May 13 2006, 01&#58;26 PM) 14070</div>

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/cvcjeep86/spring06012.jpg

[size=3]
[/b]

"Hi I&#39;m Larry, this is my brother Daryl, and our other brother Daryl is on the sunken quad."

:haha:

Timberwolf
May 14th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Are we having a "caption this picture" contest?

WhiteRhino
May 15th, 2006, 08:57 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timberwolf &#064; May 14 2006, 10&#58;33 PM) 14095</div>

Are we having a "caption this picture" contest?
[/b]

How bout:

"We&#39;ve already crossed the river & we&#39;re still dry" :rolf:

Creative Fab
May 15th, 2006, 10:24 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zookeeper &#064; May 14 2006, 09&#58;57 AM) 14078</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MuddyPaws &#064; May 13 2006, 01&#58;26 PM) 14070

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/cvcjeep86/spring06012.jpg

[size=3]
[/b]

"Hi I&#39;m Larry, this is my brother Daryl, and our other brother Daryl is on the sunken quad."

:haha:
[/b][/quote]

I am going with this one&#33;

Timberwolf
May 15th, 2006, 10:58 AM
So far, I&#39;m liking the Larry, Daryl and Daryl theme.

WhiteRhino
May 15th, 2006, 11:52 AM
I guess as long as I can be Larry I am OK.

Roadhouse
May 15th, 2006, 11:52 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; May 15 2006, 11&#58;52 AM) 14117</div>

[/b]

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

Jarhead
May 15th, 2006, 12:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; May 15 2006, 11&#58;52 AM) 14117</div>

[/b]

Well Daryl, you gonna have to change your name then... :haha: :haha: :bigemo_harabe_net-145:

lgottler
May 15th, 2006, 07:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jarhead &#064; May 15 2006, 08&#58;41 AM) 14122</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; May 15 2006, 11&#58;52 AM) 14117

[/b]

Well Daryl, you gonna have to change your name then... :haha: :haha: :bigemo_harabe_net-145:
[/b][/quote]

I need one picture like that for every issue.....

Roadhouse
May 15th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Anyone else notice Canada is spelled wrong in this threads title...............I didn&#39;t notice the Cananda until just now :rolf:

Zookeeper
May 15th, 2006, 11:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roadhouse &#064; May 15 2006, 05&#58;57 PM) 14145</div>

Anyone else notice Canada is spelled wrong in this threads title...............I didn&#39;t notice the Cananda until just now :rolf:
[/b]

I noticed it before, but figured that&#39;s just the way Larry, Daryl and Daryl spell it... :rolf:

Creative Fab
May 16th, 2006, 12:41 AM
:Ironman: I like it so I am leaving it Cananda

As a matter of fact I am going to call it Cananda from now on, the rest of my life&#33;

Jarhead
May 16th, 2006, 05:50 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roadhouse &#064; May 15 2006, 09&#58;57 PM) 14145</div>

[/b]
You would expect anything more or less from Larry, Daryl & Daryl... :bigemo_harabe_net-01:

WhiteRhino
May 16th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Hey, if you are calling the 2 Jim&#39;s Larry or Darryl or both, don&#39;t mix us in with the guy that can&#39;t spell. :Ironman:

Creative Fab
May 17th, 2006, 11:26 AM
I have burned 10 copies of the video, first 10 addresses I get along with &#036;5 will get their vid.

Note: those that were there get first dibs&#33;

Send &#036; to Ironman Offroad
2960 E. Ashby Rd
Midland MI 48640

WhiteRhino
May 17th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Bring 2 copies tomorrow & we will pay.

One for me
One for Vic

mtnbiker5
May 17th, 2006, 02:00 PM
stuff is on its way&#33;&#33;

Roadhouse
May 17th, 2006, 07:40 PM
I suppose I could stop by with &#036;5 if you have any copies left after the actuall wheelers get theirs.

lgottler
May 17th, 2006, 09:53 PM
I will see if I can get my hands on the check book tonight&#33;

Lucas

timbercruiser
May 18th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Deal me in. "the check is in the mail"

DN

kb8ymf
May 18th, 2006, 11:22 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; May 17 2006, 11&#58;26 AM) 14210</div>

I have burned 10 copies of the video, first 10 addresses I get along with &#036;5 will get their vid.

Note: those that were there get first dibs&#33;

Send &#036; to Ironman Offroad
2960 E. Ashby Rd
Midland MI 48640
[/b]

Bring them with you to the Mounds and Bryce will pick mine up.
j-kb8ymf

keithshotrodshop
May 19th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Check is in the mail.

WhiteRhino
May 21st, 2006, 07:33 AM
Just make sure that Pat sends you one that works&#33; :Ironman:

And then he keeps blaming the problems on his wife................... :rolf:

Creative Fab
May 21st, 2006, 07:41 AM
I am having to reburn some of the DVD&#39;s&#33;

Those that have sent money and are waiting we will have some by the end of the week, or Kim will have some made by the end of this next week&#33;

And I am not so much blaming Kim for the malfunction, but she is my producer and the DVD&#39;s do have issues :bigemo_harabe_net-145: I love you dear&#33;

Now get back to work burning more video&#33;